Mar 15, 2013, 8:03 AM EDT
The Columbus Blue Jackets have gone nine games without a regulation loss after their 2-1 shootout defeat against the Chicago Blackhawks on Thursday.
While that might pale in comparison to Chicago’s 24-game points streak earlier this season, it’s still the best the Blue Jackets have ever done, according to the Columbus Dispatch.
“Whether it’s our goaltender or us playing well as a team, we’re in games,” Blue Jackets coach Todd Richards said. “We’re competing and battling. We’re getting a point, but we need two points.”
That’s been the problem with the Blue Jackets’ streak. While Chicago suffered just three one-point losses during their 24-game run, Columbus has only actually won five times in their last nine contests.
Their streak is still impressive, but they had already dug such a deep hole for themselves in the race for a playoffs spot, so those one-point defeats really aren’t sufficient for Columbus at this stage.
You can view highlights of the game below:
- It’s official: Colorado names Roy sixth head coach in franchise history 30
- Couture accuses Kings captain Brown of diving 36
- Three reasons why the Rangers might buy out Richards 25
- Richards made a healthy scratch for Game 4 35
- Don Cherry: Canucks GM Gillis threw coaches ‘under the bus’ 27
- Playoffs Tonight: Bruins know series vs Rangers isn’t over 19
- Sens’ Alfredsson: We probably won’t win this series 20
- Discuss: Penguins overwhelm Senators to take Game 4 78
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting 112
- Gillis: Vigneault fired because results weren’t there 21
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting (112)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (101)
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (95)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?
- Tebow fact: He reminds Chuck Norris of Chuck Norris
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- HBT: Astros vendor fired after taking food into bathroom
- PHT: Avs name Hall of Famer Roy as head coach
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead