Mar 15, 2013, 4:59 PM EST
Columbus got some good news on the health front Friday as defenseman John Moore (shoulder) was activated from injured reserve.
Moore, 22, had missed the last eight games after hurting his shoulder during the morning skate prior to Columbus’ Mar. 1 game against Chicago.
The former first-round pick (21st overall, 2009) had appeared in 13 games for the Jackets this year, registering one assist while averaging just over 14 minutes per contest.
Moore is just the latest Blue Jacket to return to full health.
Earlier this week, alternate captain Brandon Dubinsky was taken off IR after missing 11 games. Yesterday, forward Artem Anisimov played for the first time after missing three games with a head injury.
All this comes with Columbus having recently set a franchise record, going nine straight games without a regulation loss.
The Jackets now sit in 12th spot in the Western Conference, three points back of Phoenix for the eighth and final playoff spot.
Dec 22, 2014, 11:40 PM EST
He allowed four goals on 11 Canucks shots before being pulled.
Dec 22, 2014, 10:46 PM EST
Two teams that are scrappy in very different ways lately.
Dec 22, 2014, 9:25 PM EST
That escalated quickly.
Dec 22, 2014, 8:30 PM EST
He collapsed on Vancouver’s bench this past weekend in a scary scene.
Dec 22, 2014, 7:45 PM EST
Probably for the best.
Dec 22, 2014, 6:50 PM EST
Pittsburgh’s dressing seven defensemen against Florida.
Dec 22, 2014, 5:29 PM EST
Click for a surprising stat about the 31-year-old forward.
Dec 22, 2014, 5:01 PM EST
Weather forecast looking good, too.
Dec 22, 2014, 4:50 PM EST
News and notes from around the blue paint…
Dec 22, 2014, 3:46 PM EST
As the quote suggests, he’s feeling better.
Dec 22, 2014, 3:31 PM EST
“He’s 21 years old. I think we’re getting a lot out of a 21 year-old defenseman right now.”
Dec 22, 2014, 3:20 PM EST
Signs with HC Slovan Bratislava.
Dec 22, 2014, 2:14 PM EST
Have won eight straight at home, but must travel to Anaheim tonight.
Dec 22, 2014, 1:15 PM EST
“Is it true? I don’t know.”
Dec 22, 2014, 12:52 PM EST
After teammates Travis Zajac and Adam Larsson both had them.
Dec 22, 2014, 12:40 PM EST
Oh no, not this again.
Dec 22, 2014, 12:28 PM EST
Will GM Chuck Fletcher do anything about it?
Dec 22, 2014, 12:12 PM EST
Kings’ center broke out of his slump in a major way.
Dec 22, 2014, 12:06 PM EST
“I talked with Dallas and they think it’s a good experience for me to play for my country and play for the national team.”
- Daly: Fehr’s lockout prediction ‘naive and uneducated’ 21
- Pens send Downie, Sutter, Greiss home for mumps test (Updated) 13
- The Atlantic Division race is going to be fascinating 20
- Flyers rally as Zepp wins his career debut at 33 years old 22
- Oilers squander three-goal lead, lose 18th time in 19 games 11
- Pickard makes one last bid to stay, beats Wings in nine-round SO 6
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 45
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 18
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 9