Mar 15, 2013, 4:59 PM EDT
Columbus got some good news on the health front Friday as defenseman John Moore (shoulder) was activated from injured reserve.
Moore, 22, had missed the last eight games after hurting his shoulder during the morning skate prior to Columbus’ Mar. 1 game against Chicago.
The former first-round pick (21st overall, 2009) had appeared in 13 games for the Jackets this year, registering one assist while averaging just over 14 minutes per contest.
Moore is just the latest Blue Jacket to return to full health.
Earlier this week, alternate captain Brandon Dubinsky was taken off IR after missing 11 games. Yesterday, forward Artem Anisimov played for the first time after missing three games with a head injury.
All this comes with Columbus having recently set a franchise record, going nine straight games without a regulation loss.
The Jackets now sit in 12th spot in the Western Conference, three points back of Phoenix for the eighth and final playoff spot.
- Subban: Contract in arbitrator’s hands now 18
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 23
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 64
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 9
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 32
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 47
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (64)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Poll: Is Drew Doughty the best defenseman in the world? (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (47)