Mar 15, 2013, 4:59 PM EDT
Columbus got some good news on the health front Friday as defenseman John Moore (shoulder) was activated from injured reserve.
Moore, 22, had missed the last eight games after hurting his shoulder during the morning skate prior to Columbus’ Mar. 1 game against Chicago.
The former first-round pick (21st overall, 2009) had appeared in 13 games for the Jackets this year, registering one assist while averaging just over 14 minutes per contest.
Moore is just the latest Blue Jacket to return to full health.
Earlier this week, alternate captain Brandon Dubinsky was taken off IR after missing 11 games. Yesterday, forward Artem Anisimov played for the first time after missing three games with a head injury.
All this comes with Columbus having recently set a franchise record, going nine straight games without a regulation loss.
The Jackets now sit in 12th spot in the Western Conference, three points back of Phoenix for the eighth and final playoff spot.
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead 38
- Video: Callahan gets away with high-sticking Chara 15
- Playoffs Tonight: Kings look for ‘killer instinct’ against Sharks 10
- Brother says Patrick Roy will be Avs’ head coach 21
- Video: Controversy colors Blackhawks goal, disallowed score 56
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago 88
- Video: Viktor Stalberg returns after head-first sprawl into boards 2
- Brown, Toews, Alfredsson up for Messier Leadership Award 9
- Playoffs Tonight: Blackhawks look to ‘ramp up our intensity’ vs Red Wings 13
- Report: Patrick Roy a candidate for Avalanche head coaching job 9
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (88)
- Bryzgalov thinks Stalin did a good job, wishes Philadelphia wasn’t so old, and believes poor people don’t want to work (80)
- McPhee says lack of power plays ‘didn’t feel right’; Torts says Washington is ‘whining’ (70)
- Penner blasts refs for having ‘gall to guess’ on goalie interference call (64)
- Live Extra: Watch Sharks-Kings, Game 4
- PBT: Cavs win NBA draft lottery, will pick No. 1
- PHT: Bruins rally in third, put Rangers in 3-0 hole
- Durant pledges $1 million for tornado victims
- GTC: Garcia offers Tiger 'fried chicken' for dinner
- Andy Murray out of French Open due to back injury
- PFT: Woodson returns to Raiders for up to $4.3M
- Play Video: Quick gloves a few Sharks
- Play Video: Dustin Brown shaken up after collision
- Play Video: Are the Red Wings a true contender?
- Play Video: Chara bleeds after being struck by high-stick
- Play Video: Time to play Pucktionary
- Play Video: Roenick not happy with call against Blackhawks in Game 3