Mar 14, 2013, 8:50 PM EST
Whenever a team underachieves, people start looking for easy targets to blame. Coaches are often the first guys to take the fall in those situations.
If anyone can relate to both sides of the equation, it’s Philadelphia Flyers bench boss Peter Laviolette. After all, he was an in-season hire in 2009-10, taking that struggling team on a hot run to the Stanley Cup finals before falling short against the Chicago Blackhawks.
Now he might be the one on the hot seat, so PHT’s own Jason Brough and Mike Halford ponder the question: how much is Laviolette to blame?This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Canucks’ Hamhuis placed on IR 0
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 28
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 16
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 96
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 5
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 8
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 16
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 7
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 11
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 86
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (96)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (86)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)