Mar 14, 2013, 8:50 PM EST
Whenever a team underachieves, people start looking for easy targets to blame. Coaches are often the first guys to take the fall in those situations.
If anyone can relate to both sides of the equation, it’s Philadelphia Flyers bench boss Peter Laviolette. After all, he was an in-season hire in 2009-10, taking that struggling team on a hot run to the Stanley Cup finals before falling short against the Chicago Blackhawks.
Now he might be the one on the hot seat, so PHT’s own Jason Brough and Mike Halford ponder the question: how much is Laviolette to blame?This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 7
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 13
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 23
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 22
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 5
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 2
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)