Mar 14, 2013, 8:50 PM EDT
Whenever a team underachieves, people start looking for easy targets to blame. Coaches are often the first guys to take the fall in those situations.
If anyone can relate to both sides of the equation, it’s Philadelphia Flyers bench boss Peter Laviolette. After all, he was an in-season hire in 2009-10, taking that struggling team on a hot run to the Stanley Cup finals before falling short against the Chicago Blackhawks.
Now he might be the one on the hot seat, so PHT’s own Jason Brough and Mike Halford ponder the question: how much is Laviolette to blame?This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 14
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 23
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- Tandem locked: Sens re-sign Anderson to three-year, $12.6M deal 9
- It’s Toronto Maple Leafs day on PHT 10
- Fanspeak: Maurice Richard named greatest player in Canadiens history 15