Mar 14, 2013, 9:13 PM EDT
After last season’s surprising (and often lucky) run to the playoffs, not a whole lot is going right for the Florida Panthers.
In times like these, fans soak in the little moments. Panthers enthusiasts would do well to watch Shawn Matthias‘ outstanding effort on this shorthanded goal from Thursday’s match against the Boston Bruins whenever things get grim, then:
Matthias, 25, has been on a bit of a hot streak lately. He has three goals in his last four games and four in his last six. That covers half of his eight tallies in 2013, so at least things have been going nicely for him recently.
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 11
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 14
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 33
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25