Mar 14, 2013, 4:07 PM EDT
The Washington Capitals continued to shuffle the organizational deck on Thursday, acquiring forward Nicolas Deschamps from Toronto in exchange for Kevin Marshall.
Deschamps, 23, was taken 35th overall by Anaheim at the 2008 NHL Entry Draft.
A former scoring standout with QMJHL Chicoutimi, Deschamps spent a few years with the Ducks organization before being traded to Toronto for Luca Caputi last January.
He has 7G-9A-16PTS in 50 games with the Toronto Marlies this season.
Marshall, 24, was taken 41st overall in 2007 by Philadelphia, and appeared in 10 games with the Flyers during the 2011-12 season.
He is perhaps best known as the guy who got down with his bad self to Mac Miller’s “Knock Knock” during HBO’s 24/7:
Marshall was traded to Washington last year and has spent all his time with AHL Hershey, racking up 1G-4A-5PTS in 52 games this season.
Earlier today, the Caps acquired AHL defenseman Chay Genoway from Minnesota.
- Playoffs Tonight: Kings look for ‘killer instinct’ against Sharks 3
- Brother says Patrick Roy will be Avs’ head coach 11
- Video: Controversy colors Blackhawks goal, disallowed score 33
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago 72
- Video: Viktor Stalberg returns after head-first sprawl into boards 2
- Brown, Toews, Alfredsson up for Messier Leadership Award 9
- Playoffs Tonight: Blackhawks look to ‘ramp up our intensity’ vs Red Wings 13
- Report: Patrick Roy a candidate for Avalanche head coaching job 9
- Senators’ OT hero Greening had fiberglass pieces removed from face 4
- Discuss: Senators win Game 3 in double overtime 36
- Alex ‘they wanted Game 7′ Ovechkin to address media today before heading to Worlds (110)
- Question for commenters: What’s the hardest team to support? (95)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Bryzgalov thinks Stalin did a good job, wishes Philadelphia wasn’t so old, and believes poor people don’t want to work (80)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (72)
- Wings stun Hawks again, take 2-1 series lead
- Posnanski: Once the best, Pujols now irrelevant
- Sports world keeps eye on Oklahoma tornado
- PBT: Vogel downplays war of words with LeBron
- HBT: Camera catches Marlins' Sanabia with spitball
- PBT: Howard reportedly frustrated with D'Antoni
- PBT: Durant, Thunder send support to tornado victims
- Play Video: Highlights: Red Wings top Blackhawks in Game 3
- Play Video: Cleary: 'We won't be exchanging Christmas cards'
- Play Video: 'Hawks potential tying goal waved off
- Play Video: Blackhawks score on controversial play
- Play Video: Blackhawks bring the pain
- Play Video: Red Wings and BlackHawks fighting for control