Mar 14, 2013, 4:07 PM EST
The Washington Capitals continued to shuffle the organizational deck on Thursday, acquiring forward Nicolas Deschamps from Toronto in exchange for Kevin Marshall.
Deschamps, 23, was taken 35th overall by Anaheim at the 2008 NHL Entry Draft.
A former scoring standout with QMJHL Chicoutimi, Deschamps spent a few years with the Ducks organization before being traded to Toronto for Luca Caputi last January.
He has 7G-9A-16PTS in 50 games with the Toronto Marlies this season.
Marshall, 24, was taken 41st overall in 2007 by Philadelphia, and appeared in 10 games with the Flyers during the 2011-12 season.
He is perhaps best known as the guy who got down with his bad self to Mac Miller’s “Knock Knock” during HBO’s 24/7:
Marshall was traded to Washington last year and has spent all his time with AHL Hershey, racking up 1G-4A-5PTS in 52 games this season.
Earlier today, the Caps acquired AHL defenseman Chay Genoway from Minnesota.
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 5
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 75
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 3
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 13
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 88
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 83
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 68
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty 172
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (172)
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand (88)
- Bruins’ Kelly out with broken ankle after Dupuis slash (85)
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) (83)