Mar 14, 2013, 4:07 PM EDT
The Washington Capitals continued to shuffle the organizational deck on Thursday, acquiring forward Nicolas Deschamps from Toronto in exchange for Kevin Marshall.
Deschamps, 23, was taken 35th overall by Anaheim at the 2008 NHL Entry Draft.
A former scoring standout with QMJHL Chicoutimi, Deschamps spent a few years with the Ducks organization before being traded to Toronto for Luca Caputi last January.
He has 7G-9A-16PTS in 50 games with the Toronto Marlies this season.
Marshall, 24, was taken 41st overall in 2007 by Philadelphia, and appeared in 10 games with the Flyers during the 2011-12 season.
He is perhaps best known as the guy who got down with his bad self to Mac Miller’s “Knock Knock” during HBO’s 24/7:
Marshall was traded to Washington last year and has spent all his time with AHL Hershey, racking up 1G-4A-5PTS in 52 games this season.
Earlier today, the Caps acquired AHL defenseman Chay Genoway from Minnesota.
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 11
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 56
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 7
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 30
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 46
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 21
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (62)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (46)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)