Mar 14, 2013, 8:28 PM EST
It’s not an ideal situation, but at least the Dallas Stars have a little good news to go with a disappointing (if expected) break.
While a wrist injury sidelines top gun Jamie Benn, team captain Brenden Morrow will be back against the Anaheim Ducks on Thursday after suffering from a groin injury, according to Mike Heika of the Dallas Morning News.
Early on in 2013, it seemed like Morrow’s days were numbered as he wallowed among the bottom-six forwards and produced little. He seemed to be rejuvenated when he joined the team’s first line with Benn and Jaromir Jagr, though.
One other returning Stars player is defenseman Philip Larsen, who missed the last seven games.
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 10
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 8
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 31
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 54