Mar 14, 2013, 8:28 PM EDT
It’s not an ideal situation, but at least the Dallas Stars have a little good news to go with a disappointing (if expected) break.
While a wrist injury sidelines top gun Jamie Benn, team captain Brenden Morrow will be back against the Anaheim Ducks on Thursday after suffering from a groin injury, according to Mike Heika of the Dallas Morning News.
Early on in 2013, it seemed like Morrow’s days were numbered as he wallowed among the bottom-six forwards and produced little. He seemed to be rejuvenated when he joined the team’s first line with Benn and Jaromir Jagr, though.
One other returning Stars player is defenseman Philip Larsen, who missed the last seven games.
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 16
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 5
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 38
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 33
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21