Mar 14, 2013, 8:28 PM EST
It’s not an ideal situation, but at least the Dallas Stars have a little good news to go with a disappointing (if expected) break.
While a wrist injury sidelines top gun Jamie Benn, team captain Brenden Morrow will be back against the Anaheim Ducks on Thursday after suffering from a groin injury, according to Mike Heika of the Dallas Morning News.
Early on in 2013, it seemed like Morrow’s days were numbered as he wallowed among the bottom-six forwards and produced little. He seemed to be rejuvenated when he joined the team’s first line with Benn and Jaromir Jagr, though.
One other returning Stars player is defenseman Philip Larsen, who missed the last seven games.
- Wounded Wing: Howard (MCL sprain) out 2-4 weeks 1
- Wild coach accuses Sharks of embellishment 47
- Lundqvist hooked after three first-period goals as Rangers’ woes continue 27
- Burke wants the Flames to be — yep, you guessed it — more ‘truculent’ 46
- Flames fire GM Jay Feaster 36
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 22
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 37
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 85
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (184)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)