Mar 14, 2013, 8:28 PM EST
It’s not an ideal situation, but at least the Dallas Stars have a little good news to go with a disappointing (if expected) break.
While a wrist injury sidelines top gun Jamie Benn, team captain Brenden Morrow will be back against the Anaheim Ducks on Thursday after suffering from a groin injury, according to Mike Heika of the Dallas Morning News.
Early on in 2013, it seemed like Morrow’s days were numbered as he wallowed among the bottom-six forwards and produced little. He seemed to be rejuvenated when he joined the team’s first line with Benn and Jaromir Jagr, though.
One other returning Stars player is defenseman Philip Larsen, who missed the last seven games.
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 12
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 104
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 23
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 16
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 32
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 27
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 7
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (104)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)