Mar 14, 2013, 5:31 PM EDT
Today, the 23-year-old rookie practiced with the club for the first time since the incident.
“I’m feeling good,” he told the Senators website. “I’m getting close so a couple more days in the gym and practices and hopefully get back out there soon.”
Dziurzynski said his concussion symptoms included a headache and stiff neck, but no major issues that have hindered his recovery — which is a relief, given how scary things looked last week:
Dziurzynski said he’s appreciative of the support he’s received from family and Senators fans.
“It feels good to get fan support around Ottawa and from my family and stuff,” he explained. “It’s a bad thing that happened but obviously it’s part of the game.
“I’m not going to dwell on it too much, just going to get out there as soon as possible and play my game again.”
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 70
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 42
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 33
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 3
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 56
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 30
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 21
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 33
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)