Mar 14, 2013, 5:31 PM EST
Today, the 23-year-old rookie practiced with the club for the first time since the incident.
“I’m feeling good,” he told the Senators website. “I’m getting close so a couple more days in the gym and practices and hopefully get back out there soon.”
Dziurzynski said his concussion symptoms included a headache and stiff neck, but no major issues that have hindered his recovery — which is a relief, given how scary things looked last week:
Dziurzynski said he’s appreciative of the support he’s received from family and Senators fans.
“It feels good to get fan support around Ottawa and from my family and stuff,” he explained. “It’s a bad thing that happened but obviously it’s part of the game.
“I’m not going to dwell on it too much, just going to get out there as soon as possible and play my game again.”
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 20
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 44
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 30
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 18
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 15
- Four goals: Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 62
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 13
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)