Mar 14, 2013, 5:31 PM EST
Today, the 23-year-old rookie practiced with the club for the first time since the incident.
“I’m feeling good,” he told the Senators website. “I’m getting close so a couple more days in the gym and practices and hopefully get back out there soon.”
Dziurzynski said his concussion symptoms included a headache and stiff neck, but no major issues that have hindered his recovery — which is a relief, given how scary things looked last week:
Dziurzynski said he’s appreciative of the support he’s received from family and Senators fans.
“It feels good to get fan support around Ottawa and from my family and stuff,” he explained. “It’s a bad thing that happened but obviously it’s part of the game.
“I’m not going to dwell on it too much, just going to get out there as soon as possible and play my game again.”
- In praise of the Hamburglar 11
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 6
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 15
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 35
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 52
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (173)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)