Mar 14, 2013, 5:31 PM EDT
Today, the 23-year-old rookie practiced with the club for the first time since the incident.
“I’m feeling good,” he told the Senators website. “I’m getting close so a couple more days in the gym and practices and hopefully get back out there soon.”
Dziurzynski said his concussion symptoms included a headache and stiff neck, but no major issues that have hindered his recovery — which is a relief, given how scary things looked last week:
Dziurzynski said he’s appreciative of the support he’s received from family and Senators fans.
“It feels good to get fan support around Ottawa and from my family and stuff,” he explained. “It’s a bad thing that happened but obviously it’s part of the game.
“I’m not going to dwell on it too much, just going to get out there as soon as possible and play my game again.”
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 0
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- The King is back: Lundqvist starts for Rangers Saturday 7
- Five big games to watch this weekend 7
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 32
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 16
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 58
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)