Mar 14, 2013, 5:31 PM EDT
Today, the 23-year-old rookie practiced with the club for the first time since the incident.
“I’m feeling good,” he told the Senators website. “I’m getting close so a couple more days in the gym and practices and hopefully get back out there soon.”
Dziurzynski said his concussion symptoms included a headache and stiff neck, but no major issues that have hindered his recovery — which is a relief, given how scary things looked last week:
Dziurzynski said he’s appreciative of the support he’s received from family and Senators fans.
“It feels good to get fan support around Ottawa and from my family and stuff,” he explained. “It’s a bad thing that happened but obviously it’s part of the game.
“I’m not going to dwell on it too much, just going to get out there as soon as possible and play my game again.”
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 3
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 6
- Schwartz’s first career hat trick leads Blues past Coyotes 2
- Giroux nets OT winner as Flyers top Stars 3
- Miller suffers upper body injury in Bruins win 3
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ 45
- Report: Islanders were sold for $485 million 8
- Scrivens believes Oilers are ‘starting to build winning habits’ 9
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (119)
- Discuss: Avs beat B’s with last-second — literally! — goal (64)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Panthers set another record with low attendance (56)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (53)