Mar 14, 2013, 9:52 PM EST
The Toronto Maple Leafs were right there with the Pittsburgh Penguins through most of Thursday’s game, but the Pascal Dupuis-Sidney Crosby-Chris Kunitz line made sure that the two teams’ recent trends continued.
The Maple Leafs held a 1-0 lead until Dupuis tied it up 12:42 into the third period. The 33-year-old then notched the game-winner about five minutes later before Craig Adams got the insurance empty-netter to give the Pens a 3-1 win.
It’s a tough way for Toronto to drop its fourth game in a row while Pittsburgh is now on a seven-game winning streak (including three straight with Evgeni Malkin on the mend).
Once again, the Maple Leafs find themselves at a fork in the road a little beyond the midway point of a season. We’ll see if they can shake off tough losses like this after failing to do so for several years.
Feb 1, 2015, 7:16 PM EST
Minnesota sweeps western Canadian road trip.
Feb 1, 2015, 6:14 PM EST
Rookie Filip Forsberg had two assists in the win.
Feb 1, 2015, 5:13 PM EST
“The last 13 seconds were the longest I’ve ever lived.”
Feb 1, 2015, 4:03 PM EST
Both forwards had two goals apiece.
Feb 1, 2015, 3:22 PM EST
It was a close call.
Feb 1, 2015, 2:27 PM EST
St. Louis killed the five-minute major.
Feb 1, 2015, 2:12 PM EST
Could be a very tough loss for the Blues.
Feb 1, 2015, 1:45 PM EST
He already has two on Sunday.
Feb 1, 2015, 12:47 PM EST
Watch some hockey before a certain big game.
Feb 1, 2015, 12:39 PM EST
Andrei Vasilevskiy gets recalled in his place.
Feb 1, 2015, 12:18 PM EST
Pittsburgh continues to navigate injury challenges.
Feb 1, 2015, 11:50 AM EST
Time to hit the brakes on that rumor?
Feb 1, 2015, 10:37 AM EST
St. Louis is 9-0-1 in its last 10 games.
Feb 1, 2015, 9:37 AM EST
A big hip check and three assists from the defenseman.
Feb 1, 2015, 1:41 AM EST
Got a little help, too. Quick whistle on Toews chances.
Feb 1, 2015, 12:55 AM EST
Stopped 31 of 32 shots for the win.
Feb 1, 2015, 12:07 AM EST
No call. Got a little testy out there after that hit.
Jan 31, 2015, 11:17 PM EST
Boston maintaining their hold on a Wild Card spot.
Jan 31, 2015, 10:23 PM EST
Maybe February will be better?
Jan 31, 2015, 9:44 PM EST
Battle of Alberta isn’t what it used to be.
- Steen, Blues hold on against Ovechkin, Capitals 4
- David Backes ejected after boarding, bloodying Karl Alzner 15
- End nearing? Lightning waive Nabokov 4
- Leafs scoring slump hits historical low 24
- Video: Rangers’ Lundqvist takes puck to the neck 10
- Zamboni driver arrested for DUI, allegedly cleaned ice surface while drunk 18
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 15
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 12
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 29