Mar 14, 2013, 6:34 PM EDT
By their standards, it’s been a tough week for the Chicago Blackhawks. Along with a two-game losing “streak,” they lost Patrick Sharp to a serious shoulder separation, but the Chicago Tribune has a positive update regarding the sniper.
He’s reportedly making progress toward a return, possibly skating sometime today or Friday (no word on if he actually did so on Thursday).
After getting injured on March 6, he received an estimate of missing about three weeks.
Who knows how long he’ll take to progress from skating to actually getting into game action, but as useful as his fantastic skills can be, the ‘Hawks would be wise not to rush him back into the mix. They have a 15-point lead for the Central Division title right now and really only face the threat of losing the top seed to the Anaheim Ducks at the moment.
Still, you can’t blame Chicago for missing his handsome output (18 points in 24 games this season).
(H/T to Rotoworld.)
- Byfuglien to have phone hearing for Miller cross-check 28
- Patrick Kane is practicing today 26
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 22
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 59
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 32
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 9
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 18
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 48
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 22