Mar 14, 2013, 6:34 PM EDT
By their standards, it’s been a tough week for the Chicago Blackhawks. Along with a two-game losing “streak,” they lost Patrick Sharp to a serious shoulder separation, but the Chicago Tribune has a positive update regarding the sniper.
He’s reportedly making progress toward a return, possibly skating sometime today or Friday (no word on if he actually did so on Thursday).
After getting injured on March 6, he received an estimate of missing about three weeks.
Who knows how long he’ll take to progress from skating to actually getting into game action, but as useful as his fantastic skills can be, the ‘Hawks would be wise not to rush him back into the mix. They have a 15-point lead for the Central Division title right now and really only face the threat of losing the top seed to the Anaheim Ducks at the moment.
Still, you can’t blame Chicago for missing his handsome output (18 points in 24 games this season).
(H/T to Rotoworld.)
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 7
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 37
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 16
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 19
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)