Mar 14, 2013, 6:34 PM EST
By their standards, it’s been a tough week for the Chicago Blackhawks. Along with a two-game losing “streak,” they lost Patrick Sharp to a serious shoulder separation, but the Chicago Tribune has a positive update regarding the sniper.
He’s reportedly making progress toward a return, possibly skating sometime today or Friday (no word on if he actually did so on Thursday).
After getting injured on March 6, he received an estimate of missing about three weeks.
Who knows how long he’ll take to progress from skating to actually getting into game action, but as useful as his fantastic skills can be, the ‘Hawks would be wise not to rush him back into the mix. They have a 15-point lead for the Central Division title right now and really only face the threat of losing the top seed to the Anaheim Ducks at the moment.
Still, you can’t blame Chicago for missing his handsome output (18 points in 24 games this season).
(H/T to Rotoworld.)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder 67
- Trade: Capitals land Glencross, Flames get two picks 23
- Flames place Giordano on IR 5
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 28
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 74
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 1
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 5
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (149)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (67)