Mar 14, 2013, 6:34 PM EDT
By their standards, it’s been a tough week for the Chicago Blackhawks. Along with a two-game losing “streak,” they lost Patrick Sharp to a serious shoulder separation, but the Chicago Tribune has a positive update regarding the sniper.
He’s reportedly making progress toward a return, possibly skating sometime today or Friday (no word on if he actually did so on Thursday).
After getting injured on March 6, he received an estimate of missing about three weeks.
Who knows how long he’ll take to progress from skating to actually getting into game action, but as useful as his fantastic skills can be, the ‘Hawks would be wise not to rush him back into the mix. They have a 15-point lead for the Central Division title right now and really only face the threat of losing the top seed to the Anaheim Ducks at the moment.
Still, you can’t blame Chicago for missing his handsome output (18 points in 24 games this season).
(H/T to Rotoworld.)
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 8
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 8
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 20
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 71
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)