Mar 14, 2013, 6:34 PM EDT
By their standards, it’s been a tough week for the Chicago Blackhawks. Along with a two-game losing “streak,” they lost Patrick Sharp to a serious shoulder separation, but the Chicago Tribune has a positive update regarding the sniper.
He’s reportedly making progress toward a return, possibly skating sometime today or Friday (no word on if he actually did so on Thursday).
After getting injured on March 6, he received an estimate of missing about three weeks.
Who knows how long he’ll take to progress from skating to actually getting into game action, but as useful as his fantastic skills can be, the ‘Hawks would be wise not to rush him back into the mix. They have a 15-point lead for the Central Division title right now and really only face the threat of losing the top seed to the Anaheim Ducks at the moment.
Still, you can’t blame Chicago for missing his handsome output (18 points in 24 games this season).
(H/T to Rotoworld.)
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 4
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 32
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 40
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 157
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 16
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 5
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 24
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 29
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (160)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)