Mar 14, 2013, 7:58 PM EDT
Sadly, when it comes to Matthew Lombardi in recent years, it’s bigger news when he’s in the lineup than when he’s not.
The speedy center missed a week with his latest upper-body injury, but the Coyotes’ Dave Vest reports that he’ll be back in action for the Phoenix Coyotes against the Blues in St. Louis on Thursday.
So far, he’s played in 12 games overall, totaling two goals and four assists for six points. He played in 62 up-and-down games for the Toronto Maple Leafs last season after appearing in just two contests for the Nashville Predators in 2010-11.
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 50
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 2
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Deal with the Devils: New Jersey re-signs Larsson to six-year contract 14
- Stepan seeks $7.25M in arbitration, Rangers counter at $5.2M 24
- Capitals investment: Holtby signs five-year, $30.5M deal 21
- Redemption time? Montreal, Semin agree to one-year deal 26
- Full autonomy: Lamoriello’s place in Leafs’ chain of command 26
- Lamoriello’s departure removes any doubt: Devils are Shero’s team 21
- With Lamoriello hire, Leafs hammer home their culture change 23
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- NHL to ‘focus exclusively’ on expansion bids for Las Vegas and Quebec City (89)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- Ah, arbitration: Holtby reportedly asking for $8 million, Caps countering at $5.1 million (59)