Mar 14, 2013, 7:58 PM EST
Sadly, when it comes to Matthew Lombardi in recent years, it’s bigger news when he’s in the lineup than when he’s not.
The speedy center missed a week with his latest upper-body injury, but the Coyotes’ Dave Vest reports that he’ll be back in action for the Phoenix Coyotes against the Blues in St. Louis on Thursday.
So far, he’s played in 12 games overall, totaling two goals and four assists for six points. He played in 62 up-and-down games for the Toronto Maple Leafs last season after appearing in just two contests for the Nashville Predators in 2010-11.
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 15
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 13
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 7
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8