Mar 14, 2013, 7:58 PM EST
Sadly, when it comes to Matthew Lombardi in recent years, it’s bigger news when he’s in the lineup than when he’s not.
The speedy center missed a week with his latest upper-body injury, but the Coyotes’ Dave Vest reports that he’ll be back in action for the Phoenix Coyotes against the Blues in St. Louis on Thursday.
So far, he’s played in 12 games overall, totaling two goals and four assists for six points. He played in 62 up-and-down games for the Toronto Maple Leafs last season after appearing in just two contests for the Nashville Predators in 2010-11.
- Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 0
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 17
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 82
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (68)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)