Mar 14, 2013, 7:58 PM EDT
Sadly, when it comes to Matthew Lombardi in recent years, it’s bigger news when he’s in the lineup than when he’s not.
The speedy center missed a week with his latest upper-body injury, but the Coyotes’ Dave Vest reports that he’ll be back in action for the Phoenix Coyotes against the Blues in St. Louis on Thursday.
So far, he’s played in 12 games overall, totaling two goals and four assists for six points. He played in 62 up-and-down games for the Toronto Maple Leafs last season after appearing in just two contests for the Nashville Predators in 2010-11.
- Pressing Question: Can the Sharks get over past playoff hurdles? 0
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 0
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 6
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 37
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 25
- Pressing question: Can the Blues get back on track? 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension 90
- Sabres, Panthers have best odds for 2014 NHL draft lottery 16
- Leafs ‘lack an identity,’ says Leiweke 30
- On the hot seat: McPhee will ‘talk in a couple of days’ 21
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (90)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- Halak’s agent ‘bewildered’ by Oates’ remarks prior to Blues game (51)
- Here’s the schedule for the first round of the 2014 playoffs (51)