Mar 14, 2013, 7:58 PM EDT
Sadly, when it comes to Matthew Lombardi in recent years, it’s bigger news when he’s in the lineup than when he’s not.
The speedy center missed a week with his latest upper-body injury, but the Coyotes’ Dave Vest reports that he’ll be back in action for the Phoenix Coyotes against the Blues in St. Louis on Thursday.
So far, he’s played in 12 games overall, totaling two goals and four assists for six points. He played in 62 up-and-down games for the Toronto Maple Leafs last season after appearing in just two contests for the Nashville Predators in 2010-11.
- Hurricanes say Jordan Staal broke a bone in his right leg 2
- IIHF, NHL to meet next month to discuss World Cup (Updated) 0
- Caps unveil new Winter Classic jerseys 25
- Drouin out 3-4 weeks with fractured thumb 3
- On carrying three goalies, and which teams might be forced to do it 8
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry’ 10
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 35
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 44
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (44)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough (35)
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks (29)