Mar 14, 2013, 7:14 PM EST
The Winnipeg Jets are breathing down a spot in the East’s top eight even though they’re missing one of their best defensemen.
There are enough caveats to keep Jets fans from getting too excited. The 28-year-old blueliner wore a no-contact jersey and admitted that there’s no target date for his return yet.
“We haven’t set a time yet for anything,” Enstrom said. “This is my first practice with the team. It’s fun to be back with the guys again. I’ve been skating by myself for a long time. I’ll probably practice tomorrow and see how that feels. I’m looking to come back as quick as I can, but I’m going to be careful with it, too.”
Enstrom’s been sidelined with his shoulder injury since Feb. 15. He has a point per game (13 in 13) despite going without one in his last three contests before getting hurt.
- Legendary hockey coach Viktor Tikhonov has died 7
- Canucks’ Hamhuis placed on IR 3
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 30
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 16
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 96
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 5
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 8
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 16
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 7
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 11
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (96)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (86)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)