Mar 14, 2013, 7:14 PM EDT
The Winnipeg Jets are breathing down a spot in the East’s top eight even though they’re missing one of their best defensemen.
There are enough caveats to keep Jets fans from getting too excited. The 28-year-old blueliner wore a no-contact jersey and admitted that there’s no target date for his return yet.
“We haven’t set a time yet for anything,” Enstrom said. “This is my first practice with the team. It’s fun to be back with the guys again. I’ve been skating by myself for a long time. I’ll probably practice tomorrow and see how that feels. I’m looking to come back as quick as I can, but I’m going to be careful with it, too.”
Enstrom’s been sidelined with his shoulder injury since Feb. 15. He has a point per game (13 in 13) despite going without one in his last three contests before getting hurt.
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 0
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 12
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 17
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 10
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)