Mar 14, 2013, 7:14 PM EDT
The Winnipeg Jets are breathing down a spot in the East’s top eight even though they’re missing one of their best defensemen.
There are enough caveats to keep Jets fans from getting too excited. The 28-year-old blueliner wore a no-contact jersey and admitted that there’s no target date for his return yet.
“We haven’t set a time yet for anything,” Enstrom said. “This is my first practice with the team. It’s fun to be back with the guys again. I’ve been skating by myself for a long time. I’ll probably practice tomorrow and see how that feels. I’m looking to come back as quick as I can, but I’m going to be careful with it, too.”
Enstrom’s been sidelined with his shoulder injury since Feb. 15. He has a point per game (13 in 13) despite going without one in his last three contests before getting hurt.
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 6
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 16
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 25
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 41
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 35
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13