Mar 14, 2013, 10:35 AM EST
The Montreal Canadiens bolstered their blueline on Thursday by recalling Jarred Tinordi from AHL Hamilton.
Tinordi, 21, was Montreal’s first-round pick (22nd overall) at the 2010 NHL Entry Draft.
The son of former Minnesota North Stars captain Mark Tinordi, Jarred’s in his first season at the professional level, having spent the last two years playing for Dale and Mark Hunter with the OHL’s London Knights.
In 55 games with Hamilton this season, Tinordi’s notched 2G-9A-11PTS and 51 penalty minutes.
It’s possible he could make his NHL debut on Saturday when the Habs travel to New Jersey to take on the Devils, as Montreal currently has some spots open on its blueline.
Raphael Diaz (concussion) and Yannick Weber (knee) are on IR and it seems almost everybody is ahead of blueliner Tomas Kaberle in the pecking order these days — that includes Greg Pateryn, who drew into the last three games ahead of Kaberle before being sent back to Hamilton on Wednesday.
- Burke wants the Flames to be — yep, you guessed it — more ‘truculent’ 39
- Flames fire GM Jay Feaster 36
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 16
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 36
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 82
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 33
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 18
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)