Mar 14, 2013, 10:35 AM EDT
The Montreal Canadiens bolstered their blueline on Thursday by recalling Jarred Tinordi from AHL Hamilton.
Tinordi, 21, was Montreal’s first-round pick (22nd overall) at the 2010 NHL Entry Draft.
The son of former Minnesota North Stars captain Mark Tinordi, Jarred’s in his first season at the professional level, having spent the last two years playing for Dale and Mark Hunter with the OHL’s London Knights.
In 55 games with Hamilton this season, Tinordi’s notched 2G-9A-11PTS and 51 penalty minutes.
It’s possible he could make his NHL debut on Saturday when the Habs travel to New Jersey to take on the Devils, as Montreal currently has some spots open on its blueline.
Raphael Diaz (concussion) and Yannick Weber (knee) are on IR and it seems almost everybody is ahead of blueliner Tomas Kaberle in the pecking order these days — that includes Greg Pateryn, who drew into the last three games ahead of Kaberle before being sent back to Hamilton on Wednesday.
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 3
- Holtby outduels Lundqvist as Caps take series lead 50
- Red Wings’ Devellano calls Mantha ‘very, very, very disappointing’ 63
- End of an era in New Jersey as Shero replaces Lamoriello as GM 26
- Once again, Rick Nash isn’t scoring in the playoffs 26
- Video: U.S. stays unbeaten at Worlds with win over defending champs Russia 9
- Andersen shuts out Flames as Ducks stay perfect in playoffs 6
- Wild can’t contain ‘Hawks star forwards in Game 2 44
- Prust blasts referee Watson after getting tossed from Game 2 29
- Stamkos, power play comes alive as Lightning take 2-0 series lead vs. Habs 29
- Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7 vs. Tampa Bay (116)
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- Lightning’s Bishop silences Red Wings in hard fought Game 7 (81)
- ‘You can’t win,’ ex-NHL ref Fraser says of Prust incident (80)
- Babcock won’t discuss future yet, but sees challenges ahead for Wings (78)