Mar 14, 2013, 10:35 AM EST
The Montreal Canadiens bolstered their blueline on Thursday by recalling Jarred Tinordi from AHL Hamilton.
Tinordi, 21, was Montreal’s first-round pick (22nd overall) at the 2010 NHL Entry Draft.
The son of former Minnesota North Stars captain Mark Tinordi, Jarred’s in his first season at the professional level, having spent the last two years playing for Dale and Mark Hunter with the OHL’s London Knights.
In 55 games with Hamilton this season, Tinordi’s notched 2G-9A-11PTS and 51 penalty minutes.
It’s possible he could make his NHL debut on Saturday when the Habs travel to New Jersey to take on the Devils, as Montreal currently has some spots open on its blueline.
Raphael Diaz (concussion) and Yannick Weber (knee) are on IR and it seems almost everybody is ahead of blueliner Tomas Kaberle in the pecking order these days — that includes Greg Pateryn, who drew into the last three games ahead of Kaberle before being sent back to Hamilton on Wednesday.
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 33
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 113
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 23
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 17
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 32
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 27
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 7
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (115)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)