Mar 14, 2013, 10:35 AM EDT
The Montreal Canadiens bolstered their blueline on Thursday by recalling Jarred Tinordi from AHL Hamilton.
Tinordi, 21, was Montreal’s first-round pick (22nd overall) at the 2010 NHL Entry Draft.
The son of former Minnesota North Stars captain Mark Tinordi, Jarred’s in his first season at the professional level, having spent the last two years playing for Dale and Mark Hunter with the OHL’s London Knights.
In 55 games with Hamilton this season, Tinordi’s notched 2G-9A-11PTS and 51 penalty minutes.
It’s possible he could make his NHL debut on Saturday when the Habs travel to New Jersey to take on the Devils, as Montreal currently has some spots open on its blueline.
Raphael Diaz (concussion) and Yannick Weber (knee) are on IR and it seems almost everybody is ahead of blueliner Tomas Kaberle in the pecking order these days — that includes Greg Pateryn, who drew into the last three games ahead of Kaberle before being sent back to Hamilton on Wednesday.
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 4
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 11
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 62
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 31
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (62)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Arena deal in jeopardy? Glendale mayor requests investigation into ‘clear violation’ of state law (42)
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal (42)