Mar 14, 2013, 12:04 AM EDT
The Philadelphia Flyers are searching for answers but can’t find them.
The Flyers suffered another setback Wednesday in a 5-2 loss to the New Jersey Devils, and there didn’t seem to be many actual resolutions as to how to turn their fortunes around.
The Flyers, losers in four of their last five games, occupy the 11th spot in the Eastern Conference and are three points out of a playoff spot. But, due to the lockout-shortened season, they have 20 games left in which to get into the top eight.
“This one hurts,” Flyers forward Scott Hartnell told CSN Philadelphia. “It stings. You can use every adjective you want, but tomorrow is a new day.
“It seems like the Devils have just stymied us the last couple years, and it’s frustrating we can’t figure it out.
“I don’t know what it is. It sure is frustrating. … It’s not fun hockey. We gotta get our swagger back. We gotta get our mojo back somehow.”
Ilya Bryzgalov, the Flyers eccentric and yet entertaining goalie, allowed give five goals on 32 shots. That after he said the Flyers were “done” if they lost both games to New Jersey in this home-and-home.
“I’m just tired of losing … tired of losing,” Bryzgalov told NHL.com after the loss.
“I have no emotions, nothing to say. Another disappointing loss.”
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 23
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 37
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 98
- Sens’ Anderson continues to haunt Habs, forces Game 6 11
- Price, Dubnyk, Rinne are Vezina Trophy finalists 16
- Chicago to start Darling in Game 6 21
- Chiarelli named Oilers’ GM and president of hockey ops 37
- Weber out for remainder of series, but ‘did not suffer an ACL injury’ 6
- Report: Oilers’ Lowe removed from Hockey Ops role 19
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (174)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (99)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (91)