Mar 14, 2013, 12:04 AM EDT
The Philadelphia Flyers are searching for answers but can’t find them.
The Flyers suffered another setback Wednesday in a 5-2 loss to the New Jersey Devils, and there didn’t seem to be many actual resolutions as to how to turn their fortunes around.
The Flyers, losers in four of their last five games, occupy the 11th spot in the Eastern Conference and are three points out of a playoff spot. But, due to the lockout-shortened season, they have 20 games left in which to get into the top eight.
“This one hurts,” Flyers forward Scott Hartnell told CSN Philadelphia. “It stings. You can use every adjective you want, but tomorrow is a new day.
“It seems like the Devils have just stymied us the last couple years, and it’s frustrating we can’t figure it out.
“I don’t know what it is. It sure is frustrating. … It’s not fun hockey. We gotta get our swagger back. We gotta get our mojo back somehow.”
Ilya Bryzgalov, the Flyers eccentric and yet entertaining goalie, allowed give five goals on 32 shots. That after he said the Flyers were “done” if they lost both games to New Jersey in this home-and-home.
“I’m just tired of losing … tired of losing,” Bryzgalov told NHL.com after the loss.
“I have no emotions, nothing to say. Another disappointing loss.”
- Playoffs Tonight: Can ‘Hawks solve Rask? 7
- Sakic: If we keep top pick, we’ll likely draft a forward 6
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 31
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 54
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 83
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 9
- Datsyuk announces three-year, $22.5 million extension with Red Wings 12
- Bruins go ‘above and beyond’ to take 2-1 series lead 47
- Chicago’s powerless power play — it’s a problem 4
- Discuss: Bruins smother ‘Hawks, take 2-1 series lead 92
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- CSN: Pats' Hernandez questioned in murder case
- Underseeded? Nadal draws No. 5 at Wimbledon
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- HBT: Mets' Wheeler goes six scoreless in MLB debut