Mar 14, 2013, 12:04 AM EST
The Philadelphia Flyers are searching for answers but can’t find them.
The Flyers suffered another setback Wednesday in a 5-2 loss to the New Jersey Devils, and there didn’t seem to be many actual resolutions as to how to turn their fortunes around.
The Flyers, losers in four of their last five games, occupy the 11th spot in the Eastern Conference and are three points out of a playoff spot. But, due to the lockout-shortened season, they have 20 games left in which to get into the top eight.
“This one hurts,” Flyers forward Scott Hartnell told CSN Philadelphia. “It stings. You can use every adjective you want, but tomorrow is a new day.
“It seems like the Devils have just stymied us the last couple years, and it’s frustrating we can’t figure it out.
“I don’t know what it is. It sure is frustrating. … It’s not fun hockey. We gotta get our swagger back. We gotta get our mojo back somehow.”
Ilya Bryzgalov, the Flyers eccentric and yet entertaining goalie, allowed give five goals on 32 shots. That after he said the Flyers were “done” if they lost both games to New Jersey in this home-and-home.
“I’m just tired of losing … tired of losing,” Bryzgalov told NHL.com after the loss.
“I have no emotions, nothing to say. Another disappointing loss.”
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 8
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 3
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 17
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory 46
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 54
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 87
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 9
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 59
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (87)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (59)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (54)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)