Mar 14, 2013, 12:04 AM EDT
The Philadelphia Flyers are searching for answers but can’t find them.
The Flyers suffered another setback Wednesday in a 5-2 loss to the New Jersey Devils, and there didn’t seem to be many actual resolutions as to how to turn their fortunes around.
The Flyers, losers in four of their last five games, occupy the 11th spot in the Eastern Conference and are three points out of a playoff spot. But, due to the lockout-shortened season, they have 20 games left in which to get into the top eight.
“This one hurts,” Flyers forward Scott Hartnell told CSN Philadelphia. “It stings. You can use every adjective you want, but tomorrow is a new day.
“It seems like the Devils have just stymied us the last couple years, and it’s frustrating we can’t figure it out.
“I don’t know what it is. It sure is frustrating. … It’s not fun hockey. We gotta get our swagger back. We gotta get our mojo back somehow.”
Ilya Bryzgalov, the Flyers eccentric and yet entertaining goalie, allowed give five goals on 32 shots. That after he said the Flyers were “done” if they lost both games to New Jersey in this home-and-home.
“I’m just tired of losing … tired of losing,” Bryzgalov told NHL.com after the loss.
“I have no emotions, nothing to say. Another disappointing loss.”
- Could Lundqvist start Saturday for the Rangers? 6
- Five big games to watch this weekend 7
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 32
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 15
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 56
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 20
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)