Mar 14, 2013, 12:04 AM EDT
The Philadelphia Flyers are searching for answers but can’t find them.
The Flyers suffered another setback Wednesday in a 5-2 loss to the New Jersey Devils, and there didn’t seem to be many actual resolutions as to how to turn their fortunes around.
The Flyers, losers in four of their last five games, occupy the 11th spot in the Eastern Conference and are three points out of a playoff spot. But, due to the lockout-shortened season, they have 20 games left in which to get into the top eight.
“This one hurts,” Flyers forward Scott Hartnell told CSN Philadelphia. “It stings. You can use every adjective you want, but tomorrow is a new day.
“It seems like the Devils have just stymied us the last couple years, and it’s frustrating we can’t figure it out.
“I don’t know what it is. It sure is frustrating. … It’s not fun hockey. We gotta get our swagger back. We gotta get our mojo back somehow.”
Ilya Bryzgalov, the Flyers eccentric and yet entertaining goalie, allowed give five goals on 32 shots. That after he said the Flyers were “done” if they lost both games to New Jersey in this home-and-home.
“I’m just tired of losing … tired of losing,” Bryzgalov told NHL.com after the loss.
“I have no emotions, nothing to say. Another disappointing loss.”
- All eyes on Lundqvist 3
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 9
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 27
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 38
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 46
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 21
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- It goes to eleven: Lightning edge Rangers in track meet 34
- Brodeur signs three-year deal to be Blues’ assistant GM 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (90)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)