Mar 14, 2013, 12:58 AM EDT
Anaheim Ducks winger Corey Perry has responded to the four-game suspension levied on him by the National Hockey League on Wednesday.
The league banned Perry for a “violent hit” on the Wild’s Jason Zucker Tuesday.
Perry told the Orange County Register that he accepted the league’s decision, although there was also concern for Zucker, who skated Wednesday.
It’s great news,” Perry told the Orange County Register.
“You don’t like seeing anybody hurt. If I was in that position, you want to get back as quickly as possible. And hopefully he can.
“I’m not a person to go out there and hurt people and hope that they’re out for a while. I hope he gets back and playing right away.”
Prior to Tuesday’s incident, Perry had six points in his last four games.
He could also be one of the summer’s most coveted free agents. He is a pending unrestricted free agent and talk of his future has coincided with this brush with the league’s disciplinary department.
According to NBC Sports analyst Mike Milbury, Perry’s future is in his own control, however the former player, coach and general manager believes Perry will move on from the Ducks.
- Video: Raanta shuts out flat Flyers in emergency start 0
- Video: Flyers’ Jones lays out Smith, called for charging 4
- Video: Islanders’ Hickey cut after taking a skate to the face 1
- (Video) McKenzie: NHLPA ‘entirely on board’ with Voynov suspension 8
- If allegations are true, will Kings welcome Voynov back into their ‘special’ group? 33
- Rutherford on Fleury: ‘As long as I’m the GM, he’ll be our goalie’ 15
- Datsyuk will play tonight in Montreal 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers take on ‘Hawks in Chicago 9
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 30
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 3
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)