Mar 14, 2013, 12:58 AM EDT
Anaheim Ducks winger Corey Perry has responded to the four-game suspension levied on him by the National Hockey League on Wednesday.
The league banned Perry for a “violent hit” on the Wild’s Jason Zucker Tuesday.
Perry told the Orange County Register that he accepted the league’s decision, although there was also concern for Zucker, who skated Wednesday.
It’s great news,” Perry told the Orange County Register.
“You don’t like seeing anybody hurt. If I was in that position, you want to get back as quickly as possible. And hopefully he can.
“I’m not a person to go out there and hurt people and hope that they’re out for a while. I hope he gets back and playing right away.”
Prior to Tuesday’s incident, Perry had six points in his last four games.
He could also be one of the summer’s most coveted free agents. He is a pending unrestricted free agent and talk of his future has coincided with this brush with the league’s disciplinary department.
According to NBC Sports analyst Mike Milbury, Perry’s future is in his own control, however the former player, coach and general manager believes Perry will move on from the Ducks.
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 0
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 7
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 7
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 17
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 13
- Sens tell fans to stop throwing hamburgers 35
- NHL confirms working with Isles, Leddy regarding Twitter threats (Updated) 16
- Snider: Patience is ‘great with the kids,’ but not with ‘the team we have on the ice’ 11
- Panthers’ playoff hopes take massive blow vs. Lightning 8
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Asst. GM Guerin admits Penguins need to lay off the refs (51)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)