Mar 14, 2013, 12:58 AM EDT
Anaheim Ducks winger Corey Perry has responded to the four-game suspension levied on him by the National Hockey League on Wednesday.
The league banned Perry for a “violent hit” on the Wild’s Jason Zucker Tuesday.
Perry told the Orange County Register that he accepted the league’s decision, although there was also concern for Zucker, who skated Wednesday.
It’s great news,” Perry told the Orange County Register.
“You don’t like seeing anybody hurt. If I was in that position, you want to get back as quickly as possible. And hopefully he can.
“I’m not a person to go out there and hurt people and hope that they’re out for a while. I hope he gets back and playing right away.”
Prior to Tuesday’s incident, Perry had six points in his last four games.
He could also be one of the summer’s most coveted free agents. He is a pending unrestricted free agent and talk of his future has coincided with this brush with the league’s disciplinary department.
According to NBC Sports analyst Mike Milbury, Perry’s future is in his own control, however the former player, coach and general manager believes Perry will move on from the Ducks.
- Drouin out 3-4 weeks with fractured thumb 3
- On carrying three goalies, and which teams might be forced to do it 6
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry’ 9
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 35
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 44
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 16
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (44)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)