Mar 14, 2013, 3:25 PM EST
With eight wins in their last 12 games, the Winnipeg Jets (13-11-2) can move into a playoff spot tonight with a win over the eighth-place Rangers (13-10-2) at the MTS Centre. Both teams have 28 points, but New York has a game in hand.
The Jets are coming off a dominant 5-2 victory over the Leafs on Tuesday. They also beat the Rangers, 4-3, the last time they faced them on Feb. 26 at Madison Square Garden.
“I think you can’t take your foot off the pedal, that’s the first thing, we don’t want to get back to mediocrity,” Winnipeg head coach Claude Noel said Wednesday.
“I think last night we were proud of the way we played and that’s the way we need to continue to play.”
Jets captain Andrew Ladd, with 13 points in his last 11 games, has been especially good lately.
The Rangers, meanwhile, aren’t entering tonight’s game in such a great mood.
- No hearing scheduled for Kesler after ‘dirty play’ on Dorsett 8
- Why NHL fans — no matter where they live — should care about the plunging Canadian dollar 11
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 60
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 28
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 41
- Mike Richards clears waivers 32
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 57
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 17
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 127
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (127)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc (60)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)