Mar 14, 2013, 3:25 PM EDT
With eight wins in their last 12 games, the Winnipeg Jets (13-11-2) can move into a playoff spot tonight with a win over the eighth-place Rangers (13-10-2) at the MTS Centre. Both teams have 28 points, but New York has a game in hand.
The Jets are coming off a dominant 5-2 victory over the Leafs on Tuesday. They also beat the Rangers, 4-3, the last time they faced them on Feb. 26 at Madison Square Garden.
“I think you can’t take your foot off the pedal, that’s the first thing, we don’t want to get back to mediocrity,” Winnipeg head coach Claude Noel said Wednesday.
“I think last night we were proud of the way we played and that’s the way we need to continue to play.”
Jets captain Andrew Ladd, with 13 points in his last 11 games, has been especially good lately.
The Rangers, meanwhile, aren’t entering tonight’s game in such a great mood.
- Weise gives Canadiens 1-0 series lead with overtime win 5
- Penguins outlast Blue Jackets, take Game 1 20
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 78
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 35
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 57
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 35
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 10
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 41
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- Pressing question: Can the Blues get back on track? 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers (78)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? (56)