Mar 14, 2013, 3:25 PM EST
With eight wins in their last 12 games, the Winnipeg Jets (13-11-2) can move into a playoff spot tonight with a win over the eighth-place Rangers (13-10-2) at the MTS Centre. Both teams have 28 points, but New York has a game in hand.
The Jets are coming off a dominant 5-2 victory over the Leafs on Tuesday. They also beat the Rangers, 4-3, the last time they faced them on Feb. 26 at Madison Square Garden.
“I think you can’t take your foot off the pedal, that’s the first thing, we don’t want to get back to mediocrity,” Winnipeg head coach Claude Noel said Wednesday.
“I think last night we were proud of the way we played and that’s the way we need to continue to play.”
Jets captain Andrew Ladd, with 13 points in his last 11 games, has been especially good lately.
The Rangers, meanwhile, aren’t entering tonight’s game in such a great mood.
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 1
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 3
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 4
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 55
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 2
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 14
- Criticism spreads to GM Lou Lamoriello after Devils fire DeBoer 10
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap (57)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)