Mar 14, 2013, 3:25 PM EDT
With eight wins in their last 12 games, the Winnipeg Jets (13-11-2) can move into a playoff spot tonight with a win over the eighth-place Rangers (13-10-2) at the MTS Centre. Both teams have 28 points, but New York has a game in hand.
The Jets are coming off a dominant 5-2 victory over the Leafs on Tuesday. They also beat the Rangers, 4-3, the last time they faced them on Feb. 26 at Madison Square Garden.
“I think you can’t take your foot off the pedal, that’s the first thing, we don’t want to get back to mediocrity,” Winnipeg head coach Claude Noel said Wednesday.
“I think last night we were proud of the way we played and that’s the way we need to continue to play.”
Jets captain Andrew Ladd, with 13 points in his last 11 games, has been especially good lately.
The Rangers, meanwhile, aren’t entering tonight’s game in such a great mood.
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- The King is back: Lundqvist starts for Rangers Saturday 7
- Five big games to watch this weekend 7
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 32
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 16
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 58
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 20
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)