Mar 14, 2013, 3:25 PM EDT
With eight wins in their last 12 games, the Winnipeg Jets (13-11-2) can move into a playoff spot tonight with a win over the eighth-place Rangers (13-10-2) at the MTS Centre. Both teams have 28 points, but New York has a game in hand.
The Jets are coming off a dominant 5-2 victory over the Leafs on Tuesday. They also beat the Rangers, 4-3, the last time they faced them on Feb. 26 at Madison Square Garden.
“I think you can’t take your foot off the pedal, that’s the first thing, we don’t want to get back to mediocrity,” Winnipeg head coach Claude Noel said Wednesday.
“I think last night we were proud of the way we played and that’s the way we need to continue to play.”
Jets captain Andrew Ladd, with 13 points in his last 11 games, has been especially good lately.
The Rangers, meanwhile, aren’t entering tonight’s game in such a great mood.
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 9
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 6
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 27
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 42
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 38
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 69
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)