Mar 14, 2013, 2:51 PM EDT
The German blueliner hurt his knee in a 4-0 loss to the Islanders on Feb. 23, and hasn’t played since.
Rolson said Sulzer has undergone season-ending knee surgery, and Sulzer was seen on Thursday walking through the dressing room on crutches.
the 28-year-old had appeared in 17 games for the Sabres this season, registering 3G-1A-4PTS while averaging over 16 minutes of ice time per game. He currently sits in a tie for most goals by a Buffalo defenseman, with Tyler Myers.
It’s a tough blow for Sulzer, who worked his way into a top-six spot on Buffalo’s defense.
He played well for the Sabres after coming from Vancouver at last year’s trade deadline — scoring eight points in 15 games — and was rewarded with a one-year, $725,000 deal in May.
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 3
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 6
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 28
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 24
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)