Mar 14, 2013, 2:51 PM EDT
The German blueliner hurt his knee in a 4-0 loss to the Islanders on Feb. 23, and hasn’t played since.
Rolson said Sulzer has undergone season-ending knee surgery, and Sulzer was seen on Thursday walking through the dressing room on crutches.
the 28-year-old had appeared in 17 games for the Sabres this season, registering 3G-1A-4PTS while averaging over 16 minutes of ice time per game. He currently sits in a tie for most goals by a Buffalo defenseman, with Tyler Myers.
It’s a tough blow for Sulzer, who worked his way into a top-six spot on Buffalo’s defense.
He played well for the Sabres after coming from Vancouver at last year’s trade deadline — scoring eight points in 15 games — and was rewarded with a one-year, $725,000 deal in May.
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 11
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 14
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 33
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25