Mar 14, 2013, 2:45 PM EST
Bieksa has missed seven of Vancouver’s last eight games with a groin injury, with the Canucks winning just once in the seven games he was sidelined.
“I’m feeling good now,” said Bieksa. “I’ve had probably five or six days of being pain-free so I think that’s a good thing.”
Roberto Luongo will start in goal after stopping 26 of 27 shots in Tuesday’s 2-1 shootout win in Columbus.
The Canucks have also recalled physical forward Steve Pinizzotto from AHL Chicago. Head coach Alain Vigneault says it’s possible the 28-year-old, who’s currently en route to Vancouver, could make his NHL debut tonight.
Related: Vigneault feeling the heat
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 12
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 104
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 23
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 16
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 32
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 27
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 7
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (104)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)