Mar 14, 2013, 2:45 PM EST
Bieksa has missed seven of Vancouver’s last eight games with a groin injury, with the Canucks winning just once in the seven games he was sidelined.
“I’m feeling good now,” said Bieksa. “I’ve had probably five or six days of being pain-free so I think that’s a good thing.”
Roberto Luongo will start in goal after stopping 26 of 27 shots in Tuesday’s 2-1 shootout win in Columbus.
The Canucks have also recalled physical forward Steve Pinizzotto from AHL Chicago. Head coach Alain Vigneault says it’s possible the 28-year-old, who’s currently en route to Vancouver, could make his NHL debut tonight.
Related: Vigneault feeling the heat
- Video: Canucks honor Quinn with “O Danny Boy” 1
- Video: Stars’ Klingberg scores from center ice 2
- Report: Alfredsson retirement to be announced Dec. 4 5
- On the odds of fighting back after Thanksgiving 6
- Why are the Oilers still bad? Look at their drafting 20
- The Leafs are worth almost seven times the Panthers, says Forbes 19
- Isles make some history; Are the Flyers headed for trouble? 42
- Crosby, Malkin power Penguins, help Fleury grab 300th win 7
- Sooner than later? Bruins GM hopes Chara can return in 10-14 days 1
- With worst save percentage in NHL, Oilers fire goalie coach 22
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (99)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)