Mar 13, 2013, 4:20 PM EDT
Minnesota Wild forward Jason Zucker took to the ice Tuesday in a limited capacity, less than 24 hours after being rocked by Anaheim’s Corey Perry in Tuesday’s 2-1 loss to the Ducks.
Here’s more, from the Star-Tribune’s Mike Russo:
After practice, in a track suit, rookie Jason Zucker hit the ice for a twirl. Coach Mike Yeo said that’s a “really good sign.”
Afterward, Zucker said, “I feel alright,” but wouldn’t provide the extent of his “upper body injury.”
“Overall, I’m happy that I’m standing here right now,” Zucker said.
Asked if Zucker had a concussion after getting clobbered by Corey Perry last night, Yeo said: “I don’t think he’d be allowed to be on the ice if that was the case.”
Zucker has had concussions before and symptoms often arise a few days after an incident. Zucker said he would see how he feels in the morning, then talk to Yeo and the medical staff before determining if he can play.
The Wild don’t play again until Thursday, when they host the Avalanche in Minnesota. Russo reports that if Zucker can’t go, Pierre-Marc Bouchard — who’s been a healthy scratch as of late — will draw back into the lineup.
Perry has been suspended four games for the hit, which Rob Blake of the NHL’s Department of Player Safety called a ‘violent check.’
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 15
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 24
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 73
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 48
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 13
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (74)