Mar 13, 2013, 4:20 PM EDT
Minnesota Wild forward Jason Zucker took to the ice Tuesday in a limited capacity, less than 24 hours after being rocked by Anaheim’s Corey Perry in Tuesday’s 2-1 loss to the Ducks.
Here’s more, from the Star-Tribune’s Mike Russo:
After practice, in a track suit, rookie Jason Zucker hit the ice for a twirl. Coach Mike Yeo said that’s a “really good sign.”
Afterward, Zucker said, “I feel alright,” but wouldn’t provide the extent of his “upper body injury.”
“Overall, I’m happy that I’m standing here right now,” Zucker said.
Asked if Zucker had a concussion after getting clobbered by Corey Perry last night, Yeo said: “I don’t think he’d be allowed to be on the ice if that was the case.”
Zucker has had concussions before and symptoms often arise a few days after an incident. Zucker said he would see how he feels in the morning, then talk to Yeo and the medical staff before determining if he can play.
The Wild don’t play again until Thursday, when they host the Avalanche in Minnesota. Russo reports that if Zucker can’t go, Pierre-Marc Bouchard — who’s been a healthy scratch as of late — will draw back into the lineup.
Perry has been suspended four games for the hit, which Rob Blake of the NHL’s Department of Player Safety called a ‘violent check.’
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 2
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 15
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 35
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 44
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 21
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- It goes to eleven: Lightning edge Rangers in track meet 34
- Brodeur signs three-year deal to be Blues’ assistant GM 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy 172
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (90)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)