Mar 13, 2013, 4:20 PM EST
Minnesota Wild forward Jason Zucker took to the ice Tuesday in a limited capacity, less than 24 hours after being rocked by Anaheim’s Corey Perry in Tuesday’s 2-1 loss to the Ducks.
Here’s more, from the Star-Tribune’s Mike Russo:
After practice, in a track suit, rookie Jason Zucker hit the ice for a twirl. Coach Mike Yeo said that’s a “really good sign.”
Afterward, Zucker said, “I feel alright,” but wouldn’t provide the extent of his “upper body injury.”
“Overall, I’m happy that I’m standing here right now,” Zucker said.
Asked if Zucker had a concussion after getting clobbered by Corey Perry last night, Yeo said: “I don’t think he’d be allowed to be on the ice if that was the case.”
Zucker has had concussions before and symptoms often arise a few days after an incident. Zucker said he would see how he feels in the morning, then talk to Yeo and the medical staff before determining if he can play.
The Wild don’t play again until Thursday, when they host the Avalanche in Minnesota. Russo reports that if Zucker can’t go, Pierre-Marc Bouchard — who’s been a healthy scratch as of late — will draw back into the lineup.
Perry has been suspended four games for the hit, which Rob Blake of the NHL’s Department of Player Safety called a ‘violent check.’
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory 12
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 53
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 87
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 9
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 59
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 3
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 28
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (87)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (59)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)