Mar 13, 2013, 4:20 PM EST
Minnesota Wild forward Jason Zucker took to the ice Tuesday in a limited capacity, less than 24 hours after being rocked by Anaheim’s Corey Perry in Tuesday’s 2-1 loss to the Ducks.
Here’s more, from the Star-Tribune’s Mike Russo:
After practice, in a track suit, rookie Jason Zucker hit the ice for a twirl. Coach Mike Yeo said that’s a “really good sign.”
Afterward, Zucker said, “I feel alright,” but wouldn’t provide the extent of his “upper body injury.”
“Overall, I’m happy that I’m standing here right now,” Zucker said.
Asked if Zucker had a concussion after getting clobbered by Corey Perry last night, Yeo said: “I don’t think he’d be allowed to be on the ice if that was the case.”
Zucker has had concussions before and symptoms often arise a few days after an incident. Zucker said he would see how he feels in the morning, then talk to Yeo and the medical staff before determining if he can play.
The Wild don’t play again until Thursday, when they host the Avalanche in Minnesota. Russo reports that if Zucker can’t go, Pierre-Marc Bouchard — who’s been a healthy scratch as of late — will draw back into the lineup.
Perry has been suspended four games for the hit, which Rob Blake of the NHL’s Department of Player Safety called a ‘violent check.’
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 37
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 56
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 17
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 34
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 12
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 50
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 51
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 17
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 67
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (169)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)