Mar 13, 2013, 4:20 PM EDT
Minnesota Wild forward Jason Zucker took to the ice Tuesday in a limited capacity, less than 24 hours after being rocked by Anaheim’s Corey Perry in Tuesday’s 2-1 loss to the Ducks.
Here’s more, from the Star-Tribune’s Mike Russo:
After practice, in a track suit, rookie Jason Zucker hit the ice for a twirl. Coach Mike Yeo said that’s a “really good sign.”
Afterward, Zucker said, “I feel alright,” but wouldn’t provide the extent of his “upper body injury.”
“Overall, I’m happy that I’m standing here right now,” Zucker said.
Asked if Zucker had a concussion after getting clobbered by Corey Perry last night, Yeo said: “I don’t think he’d be allowed to be on the ice if that was the case.”
Zucker has had concussions before and symptoms often arise a few days after an incident. Zucker said he would see how he feels in the morning, then talk to Yeo and the medical staff before determining if he can play.
The Wild don’t play again until Thursday, when they host the Avalanche in Minnesota. Russo reports that if Zucker can’t go, Pierre-Marc Bouchard — who’s been a healthy scratch as of late — will draw back into the lineup.
Perry has been suspended four games for the hit, which Rob Blake of the NHL’s Department of Player Safety called a ‘violent check.’
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 0
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 15
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 30
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 10
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 10
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 19
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 23
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)