Mar 13, 2013, 11:02 PM EDT
OK. It wasn’t Mason Raymond’s spin-o-rama.
But it was a nice move, nonetheless, as Montreal Canadiens center Lars Eller scored the winning goal in the shootout Wednesday night against the Ottawa Senators. Call it a more conventional approach to the skills competition. The Habs pulled off a 4-3 victory over their Northeast Division rivals.
Meanwhile, the Canadiens have won four games in a row and are back atop the Eastern Conference standings.
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 12
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 9
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 6
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 28
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 (57)