Mar 13, 2013, 11:02 PM EDT
OK. It wasn’t Mason Raymond’s spin-o-rama.
But it was a nice move, nonetheless, as Montreal Canadiens center Lars Eller scored the winning goal in the shootout Wednesday night against the Ottawa Senators. Call it a more conventional approach to the skills competition. The Habs pulled off a 4-3 victory over their Northeast Division rivals.
Meanwhile, the Canadiens have won four games in a row and are back atop the Eastern Conference standings.
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 0
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 22
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 12
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 41
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 20
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 11
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (45)