Mar 13, 2013, 1:23 PM EDT
The Edmonton Oilers have placed forward Ben Eager on waivers.
Eager, 29, has appeared in 14 games for the Oilers this season, registering 1G-1A-2PTS while averaging 9:40 time on ice.
The rugged winger missed 13 games this year with a concussion, suffered during an early season fight with Vancouver’s Zack Kassian.
It’s worth noting two things that occurred since the scrap: 1) Eager hasn’t engaged in another fight, 2) The Oilers brought in noted pugilist Mike Brown from Toronto who, since joining the team, has fought twice in five games.
It’ll be interesting to see if Eager is claimed by another club.
He’s been well traveled since being selected in the first round (23 overall) by Phoenix at the 2002 NHL Entry Draft, suiting up for the Flyers, Blackhawks, Thrashers and Sharks before coming to Edmonton.
Of course, Eager comes with baggage. He’s gained a reputation as a somewhat undisciplined player and still faces assault charges stemming from an October fight at a Toronto-area bar.
In other roster moves from today, the Phoenix Coyotes placed Nick Johnson and the Chicago Blackhawks placed Rostislav Olesz on waivers, respectively.
- Report: Canucks fire head coach Vigneault, assistants Bowness and Brown 4
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? 59
- Playoffs Tonight: Senators confident they can beat Penguins 33
- Video: Kings denied a goal after quick whistle 29
- Tweet from L.A. Kings Twitter account stirs controversy 56
- Discuss: Sharks take Game 4, even semifinal series against Kings 14
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead 95
- Video: Callahan gets away with high-sticking Chara 30
- Playoffs Tonight: Kings look for ‘killer instinct’ against Sharks 10
- Brother says Patrick Roy will be Avs’ head coach 21
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (95)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (90)
- McPhee says lack of power plays ‘didn’t feel right’; Torts says Washington is ‘whining’ (70)
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games
- PFT: Crabtree reportedly tears achilles, out for year
- HBT: Soriano calls out Harper after blown save
- PHT: Sharks take Game 4, pull even with Kings