Mar 13, 2013, 1:23 PM EDT
The Edmonton Oilers have placed forward Ben Eager on waivers.
Eager, 29, has appeared in 14 games for the Oilers this season, registering 1G-1A-2PTS while averaging 9:40 time on ice.
The rugged winger missed 13 games this year with a concussion, suffered during an early season fight with Vancouver’s Zack Kassian.
It’s worth noting two things that occurred since the scrap: 1) Eager hasn’t engaged in another fight, 2) The Oilers brought in noted pugilist Mike Brown from Toronto who, since joining the team, has fought twice in five games.
It’ll be interesting to see if Eager is claimed by another club.
He’s been well traveled since being selected in the first round (23 overall) by Phoenix at the 2002 NHL Entry Draft, suiting up for the Flyers, Blackhawks, Thrashers and Sharks before coming to Edmonton.
Of course, Eager comes with baggage. He’s gained a reputation as a somewhat undisciplined player and still faces assault charges stemming from an October fight at a Toronto-area bar.
In other roster moves from today, the Phoenix Coyotes placed Nick Johnson and the Chicago Blackhawks placed Rostislav Olesz on waivers, respectively.
- Could Lundqvist start Saturday for the Rangers? 6
- Five big games to watch this weekend 7
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 32
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 15
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 56
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 20
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)