Mar 13, 2013, 1:23 PM EDT
The Edmonton Oilers have placed forward Ben Eager on waivers.
Eager, 29, has appeared in 14 games for the Oilers this season, registering 1G-1A-2PTS while averaging 9:40 time on ice.
The rugged winger missed 13 games this year with a concussion, suffered during an early season fight with Vancouver’s Zack Kassian.
It’s worth noting two things that occurred since the scrap: 1) Eager hasn’t engaged in another fight, 2) The Oilers brought in noted pugilist Mike Brown from Toronto who, since joining the team, has fought twice in five games.
It’ll be interesting to see if Eager is claimed by another club.
He’s been well traveled since being selected in the first round (23 overall) by Phoenix at the 2002 NHL Entry Draft, suiting up for the Flyers, Blackhawks, Thrashers and Sharks before coming to Edmonton.
Of course, Eager comes with baggage. He’s gained a reputation as a somewhat undisciplined player and still faces assault charges stemming from an October fight at a Toronto-area bar.
In other roster moves from today, the Phoenix Coyotes placed Nick Johnson and the Chicago Blackhawks placed Rostislav Olesz on waivers, respectively.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5