Mar 13, 2013, 1:23 PM EST
The Edmonton Oilers have placed forward Ben Eager on waivers.
Eager, 29, has appeared in 14 games for the Oilers this season, registering 1G-1A-2PTS while averaging 9:40 time on ice.
The rugged winger missed 13 games this year with a concussion, suffered during an early season fight with Vancouver’s Zack Kassian.
It’s worth noting two things that occurred since the scrap: 1) Eager hasn’t engaged in another fight, 2) The Oilers brought in noted pugilist Mike Brown from Toronto who, since joining the team, has fought twice in five games.
It’ll be interesting to see if Eager is claimed by another club.
He’s been well traveled since being selected in the first round (23 overall) by Phoenix at the 2002 NHL Entry Draft, suiting up for the Flyers, Blackhawks, Thrashers and Sharks before coming to Edmonton.
Of course, Eager comes with baggage. He’s gained a reputation as a somewhat undisciplined player and still faces assault charges stemming from an October fight at a Toronto-area bar.
In other roster moves from today, the Phoenix Coyotes placed Nick Johnson and the Chicago Blackhawks placed Rostislav Olesz on waivers, respectively.
- Leafs scoring slump hits historical low 20
- Video: Rangers’ Lundqvist takes puck to the neck 9
- Zamboni driver arrested for DUI, allegedly cleaned ice surface while drunk 16
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 12
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 9
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 27
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 61
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4