Mar 13, 2013, 1:23 PM EDT
The Edmonton Oilers have placed forward Ben Eager on waivers.
Eager, 29, has appeared in 14 games for the Oilers this season, registering 1G-1A-2PTS while averaging 9:40 time on ice.
The rugged winger missed 13 games this year with a concussion, suffered during an early season fight with Vancouver’s Zack Kassian.
It’s worth noting two things that occurred since the scrap: 1) Eager hasn’t engaged in another fight, 2) The Oilers brought in noted pugilist Mike Brown from Toronto who, since joining the team, has fought twice in five games.
It’ll be interesting to see if Eager is claimed by another club.
He’s been well traveled since being selected in the first round (23 overall) by Phoenix at the 2002 NHL Entry Draft, suiting up for the Flyers, Blackhawks, Thrashers and Sharks before coming to Edmonton.
Of course, Eager comes with baggage. He’s gained a reputation as a somewhat undisciplined player and still faces assault charges stemming from an October fight at a Toronto-area bar.
In other roster moves from today, the Phoenix Coyotes placed Nick Johnson and the Chicago Blackhawks placed Rostislav Olesz on waivers, respectively.
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 39
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 9
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 39
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 21
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)