Mar 13, 2013, 12:21 AM EST
It appears that Toronto Maple Leafs prospect Jake Gardiner’s concussion issues are behind him, so many wonder why the team isn’t using him at the NHL level.
In case Hankinson decides to delete the Tweet, here’s a screen capture of his civil protest:
Earlier on Tuesday, the Toronto Sun’s Dave Feschuk wondered aloud if Gardiner, 22, simply isn’t viewed as a piece of the puzzle by current head coach Randy Carlyle like he once seemingly was by Ron Wilson:
If the coach is looking for tighter, not looser, here’s a guess the free-skating, relatively small-bodied likes of Liles and Gardiner might be in tough to find their place in the lineup so long as Toronto keeps racking up points at a reasonable rate.
He’s not the only agent in Octagon Hockey’s stable to make waves on Twitter, either, as Allan Walsh frequently shared his perspective during the lockout.
One can only guess how this might affect Gardiner’s standing. If nothing else, it’s pretty entertaining.
- Isles’ Clutterbuck latest to be fined for diving 14
- No hearing scheduled for Kesler after ‘dirty play’ on Dorsett 21
- Why NHL fans — no matter where they live — should care about the plunging Canadian dollar 32
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 61
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 30
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 41
- Mike Richards clears waivers 32
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 57
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 17
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (127)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (63)
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)