Mar 13, 2013, 12:21 AM EST
It appears that Toronto Maple Leafs prospect Jake Gardiner’s concussion issues are behind him, so many wonder why the team isn’t using him at the NHL level.
In case Hankinson decides to delete the Tweet, here’s a screen capture of his civil protest:
Earlier on Tuesday, the Toronto Sun’s Dave Feschuk wondered aloud if Gardiner, 22, simply isn’t viewed as a piece of the puzzle by current head coach Randy Carlyle like he once seemingly was by Ron Wilson:
If the coach is looking for tighter, not looser, here’s a guess the free-skating, relatively small-bodied likes of Liles and Gardiner might be in tough to find their place in the lineup so long as Toronto keeps racking up points at a reasonable rate.
He’s not the only agent in Octagon Hockey’s stable to make waves on Twitter, either, as Allan Walsh frequently shared his perspective during the lockout.
One can only guess how this might affect Gardiner’s standing. If nothing else, it’s pretty entertaining.
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 5
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 7
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 29
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)
- The plummeting Coyotes are threatening to fall below the Oilers into 29th place (55)