Mar 13, 2013, 12:21 AM EDT
It appears that Toronto Maple Leafs prospect Jake Gardiner’s concussion issues are behind him, so many wonder why the team isn’t using him at the NHL level.
In case Hankinson decides to delete the Tweet, here’s a screen capture of his civil protest:
Earlier on Tuesday, the Toronto Sun’s Dave Feschuk wondered aloud if Gardiner, 22, simply isn’t viewed as a piece of the puzzle by current head coach Randy Carlyle like he once seemingly was by Ron Wilson:
If the coach is looking for tighter, not looser, here’s a guess the free-skating, relatively small-bodied likes of Liles and Gardiner might be in tough to find their place in the lineup so long as Toronto keeps racking up points at a reasonable rate.
He’s not the only agent in Octagon Hockey’s stable to make waves on Twitter, either, as Allan Walsh frequently shared his perspective during the lockout.
One can only guess how this might affect Gardiner’s standing. If nothing else, it’s pretty entertaining.
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 35
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 44
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M 52
- Report: Blue Jackets, Johansen make ‘significant progress’ toward deal 5
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 57
- Columbus trying to figure out ‘the right thing to do’ with Johansen 39
- Panthers re-sign Kulikov: three years, $13 million 6
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him 77
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M 58
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (57)