Mar 13, 2013, 12:21 AM EDT
It appears that Toronto Maple Leafs prospect Jake Gardiner’s concussion issues are behind him, so many wonder why the team isn’t using him at the NHL level.
In case Hankinson decides to delete the Tweet, here’s a screen capture of his civil protest:
Earlier on Tuesday, the Toronto Sun’s Dave Feschuk wondered aloud if Gardiner, 22, simply isn’t viewed as a piece of the puzzle by current head coach Randy Carlyle like he once seemingly was by Ron Wilson:
If the coach is looking for tighter, not looser, here’s a guess the free-skating, relatively small-bodied likes of Liles and Gardiner might be in tough to find their place in the lineup so long as Toronto keeps racking up points at a reasonable rate.
He’s not the only agent in Octagon Hockey’s stable to make waves on Twitter, either, as Allan Walsh frequently shared his perspective during the lockout.
One can only guess how this might affect Gardiner’s standing. If nothing else, it’s pretty entertaining.
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 4
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 32
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 40
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 157
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 16
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 5
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 24
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 29
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (160)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)