Mar 13, 2013, 12:21 AM EST
It appears that Toronto Maple Leafs prospect Jake Gardiner’s concussion issues are behind him, so many wonder why the team isn’t using him at the NHL level.
In case Hankinson decides to delete the Tweet, here’s a screen capture of his civil protest:
Earlier on Tuesday, the Toronto Sun’s Dave Feschuk wondered aloud if Gardiner, 22, simply isn’t viewed as a piece of the puzzle by current head coach Randy Carlyle like he once seemingly was by Ron Wilson:
If the coach is looking for tighter, not looser, here’s a guess the free-skating, relatively small-bodied likes of Liles and Gardiner might be in tough to find their place in the lineup so long as Toronto keeps racking up points at a reasonable rate.
He’s not the only agent in Octagon Hockey’s stable to make waves on Twitter, either, as Allan Walsh frequently shared his perspective during the lockout.
One can only guess how this might affect Gardiner’s standing. If nothing else, it’s pretty entertaining.
- Daly: Fehr’s lockout prediction ‘naive and uneducated’ 5
- Pens send Downie, Sutter, Greiss home for mumps test (Updated) 6
- The Atlantic Division race is going to be fascinating 8
- Flyers rally as Zepp wins his career debut at 33 years old 19
- Oilers squander three-goal lead, lose 18th time in 19 games 11
- Pickard makes one last bid to stay, beats Wings in nine-round SO 6
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 37
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 18
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 8