Mar 13, 2013, 9:21 PM EDT
The New Jersey Devils and Carolina Hurricanes inked a pair of recent draft picks to entry-level deals on Wednesday.
The Devils agreed to terms with Reid Boucher, their fourth round pick (99th overall) at the 2011 NHL Entry Draft.
Boucher, 19, is in the midst of a phenomenal season with OHL Sarnia. He leads the league with 62 goals in 65 games and sits fifth overall in points, with 94.
According to Rich Chere of the New Jersey Star-Ledger, Boucher isn’t eligible to play in the NHL this season because his contract doesn’t begin until 2013-14, but could appear with AHL Albany in time for the playoffs.
The Hurricanes, meanwhile, agreed to terms with Harvard defenseman Danny Biega.
Biega, 21, was taken by Carolina in the third round (67th overall) of the 2010 NHL Entry Draft. He served as the Crimson’s team captain this season and was named to the second All-Ivy team.
With his collegiate season finished, Biega will immediately report to Carolina’s AHL affiliate in Charlotte.
- More like it? Avs crush Canucks 20
- Video: Beauties from Perry, Eberle and Duchene 4
- Ghost Time: Flyers recall Gostisbehere from AHL 26
- Trotz calls Healy’s comments on Ovechkin (and Ovechkin’s mom) ‘disrespectful’ 26
- Report: Billionaire wants NHL team in Vegas; new Coyotes owner ‘sees flipping the team as a good investment’ 23
- Chara has PCL tear, out 4-6 weeks 20
- Coburn, MacDonald out four weeks with lower-body injuries 20
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 10
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 13
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 32
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)