Mar 13, 2013, 9:21 PM EST
The New Jersey Devils and Carolina Hurricanes inked a pair of recent draft picks to entry-level deals on Wednesday.
The Devils agreed to terms with Reid Boucher, their fourth round pick (99th overall) at the 2011 NHL Entry Draft.
Boucher, 19, is in the midst of a phenomenal season with OHL Sarnia. He leads the league with 62 goals in 65 games and sits fifth overall in points, with 94.
According to Rich Chere of the New Jersey Star-Ledger, Boucher isn’t eligible to play in the NHL this season because his contract doesn’t begin until 2013-14, but could appear with AHL Albany in time for the playoffs.
The Hurricanes, meanwhile, agreed to terms with Harvard defenseman Danny Biega.
Biega, 21, was taken by Carolina in the third round (67th overall) of the 2010 NHL Entry Draft. He served as the Crimson’s team captain this season and was named to the second All-Ivy team.
With his collegiate season finished, Biega will immediately report to Carolina’s AHL affiliate in Charlotte.
- Miller’s second straight shutout puts Canucks in NHL lead 11
- Video: Ennis fires behind his back while falling, scores 3
- Video: Hjalmarsson crushes Kesler, Lindholm scores in wild sequence (Updated) 6
- Trade: Ducks get Brewer from Lightning; Beauchemin out 4-6 weeks 2
- Thanksgiving Shutdown: Rangers blank listless Flyers for second time this season 25
- Video: Martin St. Louis scores goal for 1,000th point 2
- Actual video proof that Brodeur is practicing with the Blues 5
- Return of the Mac: Rangers captain McDonagh in today vs. Flyers 3
- NHL on NBC: Rangers vs. Flyers in a Thanksgiving Showdown 2
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Report: Perron’s name comes up as Oilers seek trade for ‘top center’ (45)
- Video: Bruins see two goals waved off (44)
- Isles make some history; Are the Flyers headed for trouble? (43)