Mar 13, 2013, 5:19 PM EDT
Kelly suffered the injury Monday in a leg-on-leg collision with Ottawa forward (and Kelly’s good friend) Chris Neil.
The club didn’t provide an estimate for how long Kelly will be sidelined, but CSNNE.com’s Joe Haggerty speculates it could be around six weeks.
Kelly has two goals and four assists in 23 games, but it’s not his offense the Bruins will miss. The 32-year-old kills penalties and has won around 60 percent of the faceoffs he’s taken this season.
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 39
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 10
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 25
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 17
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 8
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 25
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 45
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 39
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)