Mar 13, 2013, 5:19 PM EDT
Kelly suffered the injury Monday in a leg-on-leg collision with Ottawa forward (and Kelly’s good friend) Chris Neil.
The club didn’t provide an estimate for how long Kelly will be sidelined, but CSNNE.com’s Joe Haggerty speculates it could be around six weeks.
Kelly has two goals and four assists in 23 games, but it’s not his offense the Bruins will miss. The 32-year-old kills penalties and has won around 60 percent of the faceoffs he’s taken this season.
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry 7
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 27
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 43
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 16
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 19
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (43)