Mar 13, 2013, 5:19 PM EDT
Kelly suffered the injury Monday in a leg-on-leg collision with Ottawa forward (and Kelly’s good friend) Chris Neil.
The club didn’t provide an estimate for how long Kelly will be sidelined, but CSNNE.com’s Joe Haggerty speculates it could be around six weeks.
Kelly has two goals and four assists in 23 games, but it’s not his offense the Bruins will miss. The 32-year-old kills penalties and has won around 60 percent of the faceoffs he’s taken this season.
- Video: Wild chase the Blues away to take series lead 17
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead 70
- Video: Jets fans celebrate return of playoff hockey with whiteout in Winnipeg 4
- Would McLellan like to coach McDavid? ‘You can have the best player and still not have the best team’ 23
- Burrows’ instigator suspension rescinded, allowed to play Game 4 24
- No hearing scheduled for Hamhuis after Bennett headshot 13
- Sharks and McLellan have ‘mutually agreed’ to part ways 50
- Desperate Jets will ‘lean on’ their crowd tonight 19
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 16
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (171)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)