Mar 13, 2013, 5:19 PM EST
Kelly suffered the injury Monday in a leg-on-leg collision with Ottawa forward (and Kelly’s good friend) Chris Neil.
The club didn’t provide an estimate for how long Kelly will be sidelined, but CSNNE.com’s Joe Haggerty speculates it could be around six weeks.
Kelly has two goals and four assists in 23 games, but it’s not his offense the Bruins will miss. The 32-year-old kills penalties and has won around 60 percent of the faceoffs he’s taken this season.
- Burke wants the Flames to be — yep, you guessed it — more ‘truculent’ 18
- BREAKING: Flames fire Feaster 33
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 15
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 36
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 77
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 33
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 18
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)