Mar 13, 2013, 7:19 PM EDT
The Colorado Avalanche will have a familiar face back in the lineup on Thursday when Milan Hejduk returns from a neck injury to face the Wild.
Hedjuk, 37, has been out of action since taking a hard check against Columbus on Mar. 3.
“I woke up and I couldn’t move,” Hejduk said told the Denver Post.
The former Colorado captain skated on a line with Paul Statsny and Gabriel Landeskog at practice on Wednesday. It’s unclear if that trio will stick together, as David Jones has primarily skated alongside Stastny on right wing this year.
Hejduk has appeared in 20 games for the Avs this year, scoring 3G-6A-9PTS while averaging just over 13 minutes per game.
His situation will be one worth monitoring as we get closer to the Apr. 3 trade deadline.
Even though he’s spent his entire career in Denver, his best years are behind him and he has a no-movement clause, Hejduk could be an interesting acquisition for teams looking to add veteran savvy for the playoffs.
He’s a UFA at season’s end and clearly has a diminished role in Colorado. What’s more, the Avs sit 14th in the Western Conference and are in danger of missing the playoffs for a third consecutive season.
- Canucks ink Brandon Sutter to five-year, $21.875 million extension 18
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM 36
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 15
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 32
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 29
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Owner Pegula: Sabres have gone through ‘two of the most successful seasons we’ve ever had’ (43)
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM (37)