Mar 13, 2013, 10:23 PM EST
If one were to dissect the logic of goalie Ilya Bryzgalov, the Philadelphia Flyers are half done.
The perplexing 32 year old was recently quoted as saying the Flyers were “done” if they lose both games in a home-and-home with the New Jersey Devils.
On Wednesday, the Flyers lost the first half of this two-game set with the Devils, and they lost big.
The Devils pumped five pucks past Bryzgalov on 32 shots, in a 5-2 thumping of the Flyers. It seems anything Bryzgalov says and does is going to get a reaction. Twitter didn’t disappoint.
The two teams face off again Friday in Philadelphia. A loss, and the Flyers are done – at least based on what Bryzgalov says.
The standings may prove otherwise, although they don’t necessarily paint a flattering picture. The Flyers are only three points out of a playoff spot.
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 30
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 4
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 12
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 50
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)