Mar 13, 2013, 10:23 PM EDT
If one were to dissect the logic of goalie Ilya Bryzgalov, the Philadelphia Flyers are half done.
The perplexing 32 year old was recently quoted as saying the Flyers were “done” if they lose both games in a home-and-home with the New Jersey Devils.
On Wednesday, the Flyers lost the first half of this two-game set with the Devils, and they lost big.
The Devils pumped five pucks past Bryzgalov on 32 shots, in a 5-2 thumping of the Flyers. It seems anything Bryzgalov says and does is going to get a reaction. Twitter didn’t disappoint.
The two teams face off again Friday in Philadelphia. A loss, and the Flyers are done – at least based on what Bryzgalov says.
The standings may prove otherwise, although they don’t necessarily paint a flattering picture. The Flyers are only three points out of a playoff spot.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5