Mar 13, 2013, 10:23 PM EST
If one were to dissect the logic of goalie Ilya Bryzgalov, the Philadelphia Flyers are half done.
The perplexing 32 year old was recently quoted as saying the Flyers were “done” if they lose both games in a home-and-home with the New Jersey Devils.
On Wednesday, the Flyers lost the first half of this two-game set with the Devils, and they lost big.
The Devils pumped five pucks past Bryzgalov on 32 shots, in a 5-2 thumping of the Flyers. It seems anything Bryzgalov says and does is going to get a reaction. Twitter didn’t disappoint.
The two teams face off again Friday in Philadelphia. A loss, and the Flyers are done – at least based on what Bryzgalov says.
The standings may prove otherwise, although they don’t necessarily paint a flattering picture. The Flyers are only three points out of a playoff spot.
- Leafs scoring slump hits historical low 10
- Video: Rangers’ Lundqvist takes puck to the neck 2
- Zamboni driver arrested for DUI, allegedly cleaned ice surface while drunk 10
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 9
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 8
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 27
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 61
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4