Mar 13, 2013, 10:23 PM EDT
If one were to dissect the logic of goalie Ilya Bryzgalov, the Philadelphia Flyers are half done.
The perplexing 32 year old was recently quoted as saying the Flyers were “done” if they lose both games in a home-and-home with the New Jersey Devils.
On Wednesday, the Flyers lost the first half of this two-game set with the Devils, and they lost big.
The Devils pumped five pucks past Bryzgalov on 32 shots, in a 5-2 thumping of the Flyers. It seems anything Bryzgalov says and does is going to get a reaction. Twitter didn’t disappoint.
The two teams face off again Friday in Philadelphia. A loss, and the Flyers are done – at least based on what Bryzgalov says.
The standings may prove otherwise, although they don’t necessarily paint a flattering picture. The Flyers are only three points out of a playoff spot.
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 7
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 22
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 7
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 13
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 47
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 21
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22