Mar 12, 2013, 10:21 PM EST
While it’s a different rendition, Raymond holds at least one trump card: it worked.
That ended up being the only goal in the shootout as the Vancouver Canucks beat the Columbus Blue Jackets 2-1 (SO).
Naturally, as with just about any out-of-the-ordinary moment of hockey creativity, someone was upset with the move.
In this case, it’s not about it being a “hot dog” move. Instead, head coach Todd Richards merely told the Columbus Dispatch’s Aaron Portzline that he believes the goal shouldn’t have counted.
“To me, it looks a little questionable, because it looks like he does take a step backward,” Richards said. “(But) that’s not the only (shootout) goal that’s been scored like that.”
Streak updates: the Canucks have now gone nine games without a power-play goal while the Blue Jackets continued an eight-game point streak.
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 0
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 17
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 29
- NHL grants Kings cap relief for Voynov, who’s still suspended indefinitely 30
- Trade: Stars get Demers from Sharks, send Dillon to San Jose 17
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now 75
- Dallas signs Jason Spezza to four-year, $30 million extension 18
- Video: Ovechkin with an unreal dangle, scores game-winner 17
- Video: Avs’ Tanguay takes Ovechkin shot to the face (Updated) 4
- Video: Lindros and LeClair inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 13
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (75)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)
- Video: Malkin runs over Girardi (Updated) (41)