Mar 12, 2013, 11:02 PM EST
A tough season got a little rougher for Florida Panthers winger Kris Versteeg on Tuesday.
The Miami Herald reports that Versteeg, 26, injured his right knee after being hit by Tampa Bay Lightning defenseman Radko Gudas:
Versteeg scored his second goal and fourth point of the season during tonight’s 3-2 Tampa Bay win.
He’s been limited to 10 games this season because of a variety of ailments. It sounds like the Panthers will know more about his condition in the next few days.
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 19
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 17
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 82
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Chiarelli understands scrutiny on GM and coach, but says, ‘It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year’ (69)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (67)