Mar 12, 2013, 11:02 PM EDT
A tough season got a little rougher for Florida Panthers winger Kris Versteeg on Tuesday.
The Miami Herald reports that Versteeg, 26, injured his right knee after being hit by Tampa Bay Lightning defenseman Radko Gudas:
Versteeg scored his second goal and fourth point of the season during tonight’s 3-2 Tampa Bay win.
He’s been limited to 10 games this season because of a variety of ailments. It sounds like the Panthers will know more about his condition in the next few days.
- WATCH LIVE: Tampa Bay Lightning at Montreal Canadiens (Game 3) 0
- Bruins handle Red Wings 4-1, tie series 1-1 23
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 50
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 82
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 23
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 28
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 49
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 136
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 40
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (136)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (116)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes (82)