Mar 12, 2013, 11:43 AM EDT
The vultures are circling the Calgary Flames.
And by vultures, we mean potential trade partners.
According to the Calgary Herald, scouts from the Canucks, Rangers, Bruins, Ducks, Predators, Sabres, Avalanche, Penguins and Lightning attended the Flames’ 3-1 loss to the Kings last night at the Staples Center. And while not all of them were necessarily scouting the visitors exclusively, the further Calgary falls out of the playoff picture, the more pressure will build on general manager Jay Feaster to turn his focus past this season.
After last night’s loss, the Flames (9-11-4) remain dead last in the Western Conference, six points behind eighth-place St. Louis.
Plans can change.
The Flames host Detroit tomorrow.
- Wild hold off late Avalanche push to even series at 2-2 10
- Bruins scratch out OT win, push Red Wings to brink 18
- WATCH LIVE: San Jose Sharks at L.A. Kings 0
- WATCH LIVE: Colorado Avalanche at Minnesota Wild (Game 4) 5
- Monster of a surprise: Red Wings start Gustavsson over Howard 5
- WATCH LIVE: Boston Bruins at Detroit Red Wings (Game 4) 2
- Bylsma rips Penguins, calls effort level ‘troubling’ 64
- Cooke: I didn’t intend to collide knee-on-knee with Barrie 98
- On ‘score effects,’ and the challenges of playing with the lead 11
- MacKinnon: Avs ‘shut ourselves down’ in Game 3, not Wild 29
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (137)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Wild’s Cooke offered in-person hearing for knee-on-knee collision with Barrie (111)