Mar 12, 2013, 11:43 AM EST
The vultures are circling the Calgary Flames.
And by vultures, we mean potential trade partners.
According to the Calgary Herald, scouts from the Canucks, Rangers, Bruins, Ducks, Predators, Sabres, Avalanche, Penguins and Lightning attended the Flames’ 3-1 loss to the Kings last night at the Staples Center. And while not all of them were necessarily scouting the visitors exclusively, the further Calgary falls out of the playoff picture, the more pressure will build on general manager Jay Feaster to turn his focus past this season.
After last night’s loss, the Flames (9-11-4) remain dead last in the Western Conference, six points behind eighth-place St. Louis.
Plans can change.
The Flames host Detroit tomorrow.
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 0
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 48
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 24
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 46
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 15
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)