Mar 12, 2013, 11:43 AM EST
The vultures are circling the Calgary Flames.
And by vultures, we mean potential trade partners.
According to the Calgary Herald, scouts from the Canucks, Rangers, Bruins, Ducks, Predators, Sabres, Avalanche, Penguins and Lightning attended the Flames’ 3-1 loss to the Kings last night at the Staples Center. And while not all of them were necessarily scouting the visitors exclusively, the further Calgary falls out of the playoff picture, the more pressure will build on general manager Jay Feaster to turn his focus past this season.
After last night’s loss, the Flames (9-11-4) remain dead last in the Western Conference, six points behind eighth-place St. Louis.
Plans can change.
The Flames host Detroit tomorrow.
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 2
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 7
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 20
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 5
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3
- Bjugstad scores the winner as Panthers, Capitals make history with 20-round shootout 21
- Yep, Beau Bennett has the mumps 24
- (Video) PHT Extra: Would the Oilers really trade Taylor Hall? 11