Mar 12, 2013, 11:43 AM EDT
The vultures are circling the Calgary Flames.
And by vultures, we mean potential trade partners.
According to the Calgary Herald, scouts from the Canucks, Rangers, Bruins, Ducks, Predators, Sabres, Avalanche, Penguins and Lightning attended the Flames’ 3-1 loss to the Kings last night at the Staples Center. And while not all of them were necessarily scouting the visitors exclusively, the further Calgary falls out of the playoff picture, the more pressure will build on general manager Jay Feaster to turn his focus past this season.
After last night’s loss, the Flames (9-11-4) remain dead last in the Western Conference, six points behind eighth-place St. Louis.
Plans can change.
The Flames host Detroit tomorrow.
- Could Lundqvist start Saturday for the Rangers? 7
- Five big games to watch this weekend 7
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 32
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 16
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 58
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 20
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)