Mar 12, 2013, 11:43 AM EST
The vultures are circling the Calgary Flames.
And by vultures, we mean potential trade partners.
According to the Calgary Herald, scouts from the Canucks, Rangers, Bruins, Ducks, Predators, Sabres, Avalanche, Penguins and Lightning attended the Flames’ 3-1 loss to the Kings last night at the Staples Center. And while not all of them were necessarily scouting the visitors exclusively, the further Calgary falls out of the playoff picture, the more pressure will build on general manager Jay Feaster to turn his focus past this season.
After last night’s loss, the Flames (9-11-4) remain dead last in the Western Conference, six points behind eighth-place St. Louis.
Plans can change.
The Flames host Detroit tomorrow.
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 58
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 36
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 16
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 5
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 2
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 12