Mar 12, 2013, 8:39 PM EDT
Through thick and thin, Ryan Miller has been the Buffalo Sabres’ go-to guy. There are some rumblings that might change, though.
The number of days might be fairly high, however, as Kypreos notes that a weak market could force the Sabres to wait until this summer or even the 2013-14 season to make a move.
The concept of moving Miller probably seems outrageous because there are many times when he appears to be one of the only bright spots for a fledgling Sabres squad.
Still, he’s not getting any younger at 32 and the team might want to shed his $6.25 million cap hit if they’re not a contender with him, anyway.
Miller’s current deal expires after 2013-14, making his departure easier to stomach if the front office doesn’t feel confident about his future with the team and simplifying a trade because he lacks an albatross contract.
Do note that the Sabres are unlikely to confirm such a rumor – whether there’s some truth to it or not – so we’ll just have to wait and see (and imagine interesting hypothetical destinations).
Update: here’s video of Kypreos’ claims (H/T to Kukla’s Korner)
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 18
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 6
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 30
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 18
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 14
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Dubnyk leads Wild past Isles in SO, earns 10th straight road win (44)