Mar 12, 2013, 3:26 PM EDT
On Tuesday, Washington forward Brooks Laich practiced with teammates for the first time since Feb. 16.
It sounded like he needed it.
“I was almost to the breaking point,” Laich told the Washington Times. “It was a lot of tough days, a lot of long, hard days mentally for myself. I really enjoy playing the game and I really miss being part of the team.
“To be able to get this sort of mind vitamin today gives me some more energy and a better attitude and hopefully get me back in the lineup soon.”
It’s easy to understand why missing the first 24 games of the season has taken it’s toll on Laich. This is the same guy that, over the past five seasons, has missed just four games total.
Laich was pleased with how Tuesday unfolded. While there’s still no timetable for return, he was able to participate in drills and didn’t experience any setbacks.
“Felt really good,” he said. “Wasn’t hesitant. The strength felt pretty good. First time in a little while.
“I’ve skated the last couple of days just by myself, but to get back out with the team felt pretty good.”
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 15
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 11
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 84
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 16
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 23
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 43
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (90)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)