Mar 12, 2013, 7:31 PM EDT
The lockout moved their visit back a few months, but the Los Angeles Kings will still get to present the Stanley Cup to President Barack Obama in celebration of their 2011-12 triumph.
The current plan is for the Kings to go there on either March 26 or 27, the Los Angeles Times reports.
Chances are, the Kings’ visit won’t be as memorable as the Boston Bruins’ Tim Thomas-less photo op from last season. We’ll see, though.
Here’s an AP photo of Obama with the Cup:
(H/T to TSN’s Eric Macramalla.)
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 5
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 9
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 17
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2