Mar 12, 2013, 12:18 PM EDT
USA Hockey announced its selection camp roster for the 2013 National Team Development Program on Monday, and a few familiar names highlight the list.
Chief among them is Matthew Tkachuk, a St. Louis product with a recognizable surname — he’s the son of Keith Tkachuk, the former Blues great that scored over 500 goals during a 19-year NHL career.
Matthew, considered to be one of the best 1997-born prospects in the country, is verbally committed to play for the University of Notre Dame.
Another intriguing name on the list is Caleb Jones, better known as the younger brother of Seth Jones, the towering WHL Portland defenseman that’s expected to go No. 1 overall at the 2013 NHL Entry Draft.
Like his brother, Caleb is a defenseman — and like his brother, he’s an imposing physical presence.
The younger Jones checks in at 6-feet, 180 pounds, despite the fact he’s still only 15 years old.
For the full USNTDP camp invite list, click here.
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 16
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 4
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 5
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 34
- Poll: Will Washington get back into the playoffs? 28
- Buffalo lands next two NHL scouting combines 23
- Under Pressure: In Washington? Take your pick 24
- It’s Washington Capitals day on PHT 42
- It’s Florida Panthers day on PHT 8