Mar 12, 2013, 12:18 PM EST
USA Hockey announced its selection camp roster for the 2013 National Team Development Program on Monday, and a few familiar names highlight the list.
Chief among them is Matthew Tkachuk, a St. Louis product with a recognizable surname — he’s the son of Keith Tkachuk, the former Blues great that scored over 500 goals during a 19-year NHL career.
Matthew, considered to be one of the best 1997-born prospects in the country, is verbally committed to play for the University of Notre Dame.
Another intriguing name on the list is Caleb Jones, better known as the younger brother of Seth Jones, the towering WHL Portland defenseman that’s expected to go No. 1 overall at the 2013 NHL Entry Draft.
Like his brother, Caleb is a defenseman — and like his brother, he’s an imposing physical presence.
The younger Jones checks in at 6-feet, 180 pounds, despite the fact he’s still only 15 years old.
For the full USNTDP camp invite list, click here.
- NHL on NBCSN: Penguins kick off Rivalry Night vs. Capitals 0
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 50
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 16
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 41
- Mike Richards clears waivers 32
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 57
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 17
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 127
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (127)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang (57)