Mar 12, 2013, 12:18 PM EDT
USA Hockey announced its selection camp roster for the 2013 National Team Development Program on Monday, and a few familiar names highlight the list.
Chief among them is Matthew Tkachuk, a St. Louis product with a recognizable surname — he’s the son of Keith Tkachuk, the former Blues great that scored over 500 goals during a 19-year NHL career.
Matthew, considered to be one of the best 1997-born prospects in the country, is verbally committed to play for the University of Notre Dame.
Another intriguing name on the list is Caleb Jones, better known as the younger brother of Seth Jones, the towering WHL Portland defenseman that’s expected to go No. 1 overall at the 2013 NHL Entry Draft.
Like his brother, Caleb is a defenseman — and like his brother, he’s an imposing physical presence.
The younger Jones checks in at 6-feet, 180 pounds, despite the fact he’s still only 15 years old.
For the full USNTDP camp invite list, click here.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 11
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 15
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 13
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 91
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5