Mar 12, 2013, 12:18 PM EST
USA Hockey announced its selection camp roster for the 2013 National Team Development Program on Monday, and a few familiar names highlight the list.
Chief among them is Matthew Tkachuk, a St. Louis product with a recognizable surname — he’s the son of Keith Tkachuk, the former Blues great that scored over 500 goals during a 19-year NHL career.
Matthew, considered to be one of the best 1997-born prospects in the country, is verbally committed to play for the University of Notre Dame.
Another intriguing name on the list is Caleb Jones, better known as the younger brother of Seth Jones, the towering WHL Portland defenseman that’s expected to go No. 1 overall at the 2013 NHL Entry Draft.
Like his brother, Caleb is a defenseman — and like his brother, he’s an imposing physical presence.
The younger Jones checks in at 6-feet, 180 pounds, despite the fact he’s still only 15 years old.
For the full USNTDP camp invite list, click here.
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 26
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 13
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 81
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 4
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 7
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 15
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 5
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 10
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 86
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 43
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (86)
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (81)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)