Mar 12, 2013, 12:18 PM EDT
USA Hockey announced its selection camp roster for the 2013 National Team Development Program on Monday, and a few familiar names highlight the list.
Chief among them is Matthew Tkachuk, a St. Louis product with a recognizable surname — he’s the son of Keith Tkachuk, the former Blues great that scored over 500 goals during a 19-year NHL career.
Matthew, considered to be one of the best 1997-born prospects in the country, is verbally committed to play for the University of Notre Dame.
Another intriguing name on the list is Caleb Jones, better known as the younger brother of Seth Jones, the towering WHL Portland defenseman that’s expected to go No. 1 overall at the 2013 NHL Entry Draft.
Like his brother, Caleb is a defenseman — and like his brother, he’s an imposing physical presence.
The younger Jones checks in at 6-feet, 180 pounds, despite the fact he’s still only 15 years old.
For the full USNTDP camp invite list, click here.
- Discuss: Blackhawks push series to Game 6 12
- Report: Canucks ask Leafs permission to interview Eakins for head coaching gig 0
- Tortorella takes blame for top players’ struggles 12
- Discuss: Bruins finish off Rangers in Game 5 39
- Brassard says Marchand ‘doesn’t show any respect for his opponents’ 68
- Playoffs tonight: Bruins and Red Wings look to finish things in Game 5 7
- Video: Senators’ captain Alfredsson discusses his future 11
- Penguins put on a ‘clinic’ in semifinal series win over Senators 36
- Report: NHL to present Glendale with Coyotes ownership plan next week 16
- Discuss: Penguins knock off the Senators in Game 5, headed to conference final 74
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting (114)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (101)
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (95)
- Discuss: Rangers stay alive with OT win (87)
- Blackhawks stave off elimination
- Video: Highlights: Blackhawks top Red Wings 4-1
- PST: Bayern Munich beats Dortmund, wins Champions League
- PHT: Bruins bounce Rangers, advance to Conf. finals
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?
- Play Video: Highlights: Blackhawks stay alive
- Play Video: Bickell blasts Kronwall
- Play Video: Toews scores first goal of the playoffs
- Play Video: Howard with a couple of tremendous saves in Game 5
- Play Video: Highlights: Bruins move onto Eastern Conference finals
- Play Video: Lundqvist takes one away from Lucic