Mar 12, 2013, 1:33 PM EST
Columbus alternate captain Brandon Dubinsky has been taken off injured reserve and will play for the first time in 11 games tonight when the Jackets take on the Canucks at Nationwide Arena.
Dubinsky, 26, has been out of the Blue Jackets lineup since suffering a knee injury on Feb. 16.
Prior to getting hurt, he was riding a three-game point streak (1G-3A-4PTS) and averaging over 18 minutes a night.
His return will add spark to an already hot Jackets team.
Winners of five straight, Columbus sits just four points back of St. Louis for eighth spot in the Western Conference. Dubinsky is penciled in to center the second line between Matt Calvert and Cam Atkinson, a line that Vancouver knows well.
Atkinson, meanwhile, is currently riding a two-game point streak.
In other news — entirely non-surprising news — Sergei Bobrovsky will make his sixth straight appearance tonight.
The NHL’s reigning first star of the week has taken hold of Columbus’ starting gig, even spelling backup Steve Mason in his last start (a 4-3 shootout win over Edmonton in which Bobrovsky entered early in the second period, and stopped all 21 shots faced.)
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 4
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (75)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)