Mar 12, 2013, 1:33 PM EST
Columbus alternate captain Brandon Dubinsky has been taken off injured reserve and will play for the first time in 11 games tonight when the Jackets take on the Canucks at Nationwide Arena.
Dubinsky, 26, has been out of the Blue Jackets lineup since suffering a knee injury on Feb. 16.
Prior to getting hurt, he was riding a three-game point streak (1G-3A-4PTS) and averaging over 18 minutes a night.
His return will add spark to an already hot Jackets team.
Winners of five straight, Columbus sits just four points back of St. Louis for eighth spot in the Western Conference. Dubinsky is penciled in to center the second line between Matt Calvert and Cam Atkinson, a line that Vancouver knows well.
Atkinson, meanwhile, is currently riding a two-game point streak.
In other news — entirely non-surprising news — Sergei Bobrovsky will make his sixth straight appearance tonight.
The NHL’s reigning first star of the week has taken hold of Columbus’ starting gig, even spelling backup Steve Mason in his last start (a 4-3 shootout win over Edmonton in which Bobrovsky entered early in the second period, and stopped all 21 shots faced.)
- Wild coach accuses Sharks of embellishment 0
- Lundqvist hooked after three first-period goals as Rangers’ woes continue 20
- Burke wants the Flames to be — yep, you guessed it — more ‘truculent’ 40
- Flames fire GM Jay Feaster 36
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 19
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 37
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 83
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 33
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (184)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)