Mar 12, 2013, 1:33 PM EDT
Columbus alternate captain Brandon Dubinsky has been taken off injured reserve and will play for the first time in 11 games tonight when the Jackets take on the Canucks at Nationwide Arena.
Dubinsky, 26, has been out of the Blue Jackets lineup since suffering a knee injury on Feb. 16.
Prior to getting hurt, he was riding a three-game point streak (1G-3A-4PTS) and averaging over 18 minutes a night.
His return will add spark to an already hot Jackets team.
Winners of five straight, Columbus sits just four points back of St. Louis for eighth spot in the Western Conference. Dubinsky is penciled in to center the second line between Matt Calvert and Cam Atkinson, a line that Vancouver knows well.
Atkinson, meanwhile, is currently riding a two-game point streak.
In other news — entirely non-surprising news — Sergei Bobrovsky will make his sixth straight appearance tonight.
The NHL’s reigning first star of the week has taken hold of Columbus’ starting gig, even spelling backup Steve Mason in his last start (a 4-3 shootout win over Edmonton in which Bobrovsky entered early in the second period, and stopped all 21 shots faced.)
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 0
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 40
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 7
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 30
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 46
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 21
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (46)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (40)