Mar 12, 2013, 1:33 PM EDT
Columbus alternate captain Brandon Dubinsky has been taken off injured reserve and will play for the first time in 11 games tonight when the Jackets take on the Canucks at Nationwide Arena.
Dubinsky, 26, has been out of the Blue Jackets lineup since suffering a knee injury on Feb. 16.
Prior to getting hurt, he was riding a three-game point streak (1G-3A-4PTS) and averaging over 18 minutes a night.
His return will add spark to an already hot Jackets team.
Winners of five straight, Columbus sits just four points back of St. Louis for eighth spot in the Western Conference. Dubinsky is penciled in to center the second line between Matt Calvert and Cam Atkinson, a line that Vancouver knows well.
Atkinson, meanwhile, is currently riding a two-game point streak.
In other news — entirely non-surprising news — Sergei Bobrovsky will make his sixth straight appearance tonight.
The NHL’s reigning first star of the week has taken hold of Columbus’ starting gig, even spelling backup Steve Mason in his last start (a 4-3 shootout win over Edmonton in which Bobrovsky entered early in the second period, and stopped all 21 shots faced.)
- Wings’ Kronwall has hearing today for hit on Kucherov 17
- Kucherov isn’t going to ‘cry’ about Kronwall hit 32
- Nothing but Kuznetsov: Caps best Isles in Game 7 25
- Not done yet: Lightning earn Game 7 against Red Wings 8
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 30
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 16
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 80
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 8
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 52
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (99)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)