Mar 12, 2013, 1:33 PM EDT
Columbus alternate captain Brandon Dubinsky has been taken off injured reserve and will play for the first time in 11 games tonight when the Jackets take on the Canucks at Nationwide Arena.
Dubinsky, 26, has been out of the Blue Jackets lineup since suffering a knee injury on Feb. 16.
Prior to getting hurt, he was riding a three-game point streak (1G-3A-4PTS) and averaging over 18 minutes a night.
His return will add spark to an already hot Jackets team.
Winners of five straight, Columbus sits just four points back of St. Louis for eighth spot in the Western Conference. Dubinsky is penciled in to center the second line between Matt Calvert and Cam Atkinson, a line that Vancouver knows well.
Atkinson, meanwhile, is currently riding a two-game point streak.
In other news — entirely non-surprising news — Sergei Bobrovsky will make his sixth straight appearance tonight.
The NHL’s reigning first star of the week has taken hold of Columbus’ starting gig, even spelling backup Steve Mason in his last start (a 4-3 shootout win over Edmonton in which Bobrovsky entered early in the second period, and stopped all 21 shots faced.)
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 4
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 58
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 3
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 58
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 30
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 21
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)