Mar 12, 2013, 11:09 AM EDT
It’s unclear exactly how the Austrian speedster hurt his shoulder. Grabner, 25, played 13:40 in a 6-1 loss to Pittsburgh on Sunday, slightly down from the 15:31 he was averaging heading into the contest.
UPDATE: According to the Isles, Grabner was hurt during the Pens game.
His absence will hurt the Isles on a number of fronts.
He currently sits third on the team in goals, with 10, and fifth in points (13). He’s also second among all forwards in shorthanded time on ice per game and has emerged as one of the club’s top penalty killers.
It’s also unclear who the Isles will recall from AHL Bridgeport to replace Grabner — if anyone. The team doesn’t play again until Thursday (at Tampa Bay), thought it is possible this opens the door for Nino Neiderreiter to rejoin the parent club.
- Barn burner: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 0
- Everything happens: Ovechkin nails Tavares, Isles score 1
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 9
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 16
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 32
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 57
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 105
- Sens’ Anderson continues to haunt Habs, forces Game 6 12
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (174)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (105)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (91)