Mar 12, 2013, 11:09 AM EDT
It’s unclear exactly how the Austrian speedster hurt his shoulder. Grabner, 25, played 13:40 in a 6-1 loss to Pittsburgh on Sunday, slightly down from the 15:31 he was averaging heading into the contest.
UPDATE: According to the Isles, Grabner was hurt during the Pens game.
His absence will hurt the Isles on a number of fronts.
He currently sits third on the team in goals, with 10, and fifth in points (13). He’s also second among all forwards in shorthanded time on ice per game and has emerged as one of the club’s top penalty killers.
It’s also unclear who the Isles will recall from AHL Bridgeport to replace Grabner — if anyone. The team doesn’t play again until Thursday (at Tampa Bay), thought it is possible this opens the door for Nino Neiderreiter to rejoin the parent club.
- Playoffs Tonight: Blackhawks look to ‘ramp up our intensity’ vs Red Wings 0
- Report: Patrick Roy a candidate for Avalanche head coaching job 1
- Senators’ OT hero Greening had fiberglass pieces removed from face 1
- Discuss: Senators win Game 3 in double overtime 23
- Report: Kings’ Stoll may have head, shoulder injuries 12
- Rangers’ goaltending a concern? ‘We know what Henrik is,’ says Tortorella 23
- Discuss: Bruins find scoring touch in Game 2 win over Rangers 33
- Playoffs tonight: Spezza’s Game 3 return, Bruins-Rangers highlight your Sunday 5
- Penner blasts refs for having ‘gall to guess’ on goalie interference call 64
- Discuss: Sharks win in OT, draw series to 2-1 19
- Alex ‘they wanted Game 7′ Ovechkin to address media today before heading to Worlds (110)
- Question for commenters: What’s the hardest team to support? (94)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Bryzgalov thinks Stalin did a good job, wishes Philadelphia wasn’t so old, and believes poor people don’t want to work (80)
- McPhee says lack of power plays ‘didn’t feel right’; Torts says Washington is ‘whining’ (70)
- Parker carves up Grizzlies as Spurs roll in Gm. 1
- PHT: Senators sneak past Penguins in two overtimes
- PHT: Bruins crack Lundqvist, hammer Rangers
- HBT: Cabrera rips three homers, passes Greenberg
- MST: No bumping on Bump Day at Indy 500
- PBT: Spurs have too much offense for Grizz in Gm. 1
- PST: Arsenal grabs Champions League spot