Mar 12, 2013, 3:12 PM EST
The Buffalo Sabres will turn to their backup goalie as they try to halt a four-game winless slide tonight at home to the Rangers.
Enroth, 24, has struggled this season, going 0-2-0 in four appearances (three starts) with a .871 save percentage. He did, however, play well in his last game, stopping 27 of 29 New Jersey shots in a 3-2 shootout loss on Thursday.
“We’d certainly like him to build off of that last game,” said Rolston, per the Olean Times Herald. “I know that was one of the best games I’ve seen him play since I’ve been in the organization.”
Buffalo is 9-14-3 and sits 14th in the Eastern Conference, seven points behind the eighth-place Rangers.
Related: Sabres bemoan spot in standings
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 5
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 7
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 16
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 12
- Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 62
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 13
- Neal admits kneeing Marchand was ‘not the smartest decision’ 77
- Leafs captain Phaneuf suspended two games for boarding 37
- Rangers confirm Staal suffered concussion 8
- Winnipeg to get outdoor game; Phoenix wants one 33
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (137)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)