Mar 12, 2013, 3:12 PM EDT
The Buffalo Sabres will turn to their backup goalie as they try to halt a four-game winless slide tonight at home to the Rangers.
Enroth, 24, has struggled this season, going 0-2-0 in four appearances (three starts) with a .871 save percentage. He did, however, play well in his last game, stopping 27 of 29 New Jersey shots in a 3-2 shootout loss on Thursday.
“We’d certainly like him to build off of that last game,” said Rolston, per the Olean Times Herald. “I know that was one of the best games I’ve seen him play since I’ve been in the organization.”
Buffalo is 9-14-3 and sits 14th in the Eastern Conference, seven points behind the eighth-place Rangers.
Related: Sabres bemoan spot in standings
- Red Wings take over third period, blank Ovechkin in win 6
- Video: Doc Emrick’s heartfelt words about Gordie Howe 4
- Rangers’ Moore suspended five games for ‘extremely difficult’ Haula hit 18
- Ovechkin looking to avoid career-long scoring slump tonight 11
- Nolan skates Sabres, says the time for ‘taking it easy is over’ 36
- Report: Gryba, Tropp avoid punishment after getting tossed for hits 6
- What they’re saying about the Sabres (and it’s not good) 22
- NHL on NBCSN: Caps, Red Wings battle after hotly contested 13-14 series 5
- Miller wins 300th, Canes finish Oct. without single victory 7
- Video: Backes crashes into Daley, falls to ice hard (Updated) 5
- Video: John Moore with an elbow to the head of Erik Haula (Updated) (61)
- Report: Varlamov being sued by ex-girlfriend (47)
- Kreider calls Brodin hit a ‘bang-bang play,’ doesn’t plan to dramatically change his game (45)
- No hearing scheduled for Kreider after Brodin hit (44)
- Kopitar out, Lombardi irate as Kings will play shorthanded vs. Flyers (40)