Mar 12, 2013, 3:12 PM EDT
The Buffalo Sabres will turn to their backup goalie as they try to halt a four-game winless slide tonight at home to the Rangers.
Enroth, 24, has struggled this season, going 0-2-0 in four appearances (three starts) with a .871 save percentage. He did, however, play well in his last game, stopping 27 of 29 New Jersey shots in a 3-2 shootout loss on Thursday.
“We’d certainly like him to build off of that last game,” said Rolston, per the Olean Times Herald. “I know that was one of the best games I’ve seen him play since I’ve been in the organization.”
Buffalo is 9-14-3 and sits 14th in the Eastern Conference, seven points behind the eighth-place Rangers.
Related: Sabres bemoan spot in standings
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 79
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5
- Wild assistant Sydor arrested for suspected drunk driving, child endangerment 30
- It’s Montreal Canadiens day at PHT 14
- Capitals’ biggest question: Is this finally the year? 32