Mar 12, 2013, 3:12 PM EDT
The Buffalo Sabres will turn to their backup goalie as they try to halt a four-game winless slide tonight at home to the Rangers.
Enroth, 24, has struggled this season, going 0-2-0 in four appearances (three starts) with a .871 save percentage. He did, however, play well in his last game, stopping 27 of 29 New Jersey shots in a 3-2 shootout loss on Thursday.
“We’d certainly like him to build off of that last game,” said Rolston, per the Olean Times Herald. “I know that was one of the best games I’ve seen him play since I’ve been in the organization.”
Buffalo is 9-14-3 and sits 14th in the Eastern Conference, seven points behind the eighth-place Rangers.
Related: Sabres bemoan spot in standings
- Selanne offers harsh criticism of Boudreau’s handling of him 7
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? 11
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 9
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 19
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 19
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 22
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 51
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 22
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 19
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 61
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (51)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)