Mar 12, 2013, 3:12 PM EST
The Buffalo Sabres will turn to their backup goalie as they try to halt a four-game winless slide tonight at home to the Rangers.
Enroth, 24, has struggled this season, going 0-2-0 in four appearances (three starts) with a .871 save percentage. He did, however, play well in his last game, stopping 27 of 29 New Jersey shots in a 3-2 shootout loss on Thursday.
“We’d certainly like him to build off of that last game,” said Rolston, per the Olean Times Herald. “I know that was one of the best games I’ve seen him play since I’ve been in the organization.”
Buffalo is 9-14-3 and sits 14th in the Eastern Conference, seven points behind the eighth-place Rangers.
Related: Sabres bemoan spot in standings
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder 57
- Trade: Capitals land Glencross, Flames get two picks 23
- Flames place Giordano on IR 5
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 28
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 72
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 1
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 5
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (142)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (72)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)