Mar 12, 2013, 10:12 PM EST
Once again, the Pittsburgh Penguins proved that few leads are safe when they’re involved. The Boston Bruins managed to hold onto a 2-0 lead until the third period on Tuesday, but the Penguins finished strong and got a 3-2 win in regulation.
Let’s get to the talking points.
- Brandon Sutter scored the game-tying and game-winning goals about three minutes apart, pushing his season total to eight tallies. Is it safe to say he’s an acceptable replacement (or maybe even an upgrade) over Jordan Staal for Pittsburgh?
- Can the Penguins be a legitimate Stanley Cup contender with this high-powered offense, even if they need to out-score possible problems on defense and/or in net?
- What does this game tell you about the Bruins? Did they take their foot off the pedal too much once they earned a 2-0 lead or was Pittsburgh just that good?
- Going further, does this outcome alter how you feel about which squad might be the top team in the East? Is it Pittsburgh, Boston or someone else?
- BREAKING: Voynov charged with felony for domestic violence 14
- NHL responds to concussion lawsuit, says players should have ‘put two and two together’ 23
- (Video) PHT Extra: Carlyle’s on the hot seat, Hartley’s riding high 0
- Hextall launched profanity-laced tirade against Flyers last night 29
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him 53
- NHL watching 3-on-3 OT in the AHL closely 12
- Sens’ Murray hopes to bring cancer awareness 5
- Pens’ Dupuis has blood clot in lung, out six months 25
- It’s not all Carlyle’s fault, but the Leafs’ coach is failing at his job 12
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers host Flyers on Rivalry Night 4
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (53)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)
- Video: Malkin runs over Girardi (Updated) (41)
- Bettman calls Panthers relocation speculation ‘unfounded’ (36)