Mar 12, 2013, 10:12 PM EST
Once again, the Pittsburgh Penguins proved that few leads are safe when they’re involved. The Boston Bruins managed to hold onto a 2-0 lead until the third period on Tuesday, but the Penguins finished strong and got a 3-2 win in regulation.
Let’s get to the talking points.
- Brandon Sutter scored the game-tying and game-winning goals about three minutes apart, pushing his season total to eight tallies. Is it safe to say he’s an acceptable replacement (or maybe even an upgrade) over Jordan Staal for Pittsburgh?
- Can the Penguins be a legitimate Stanley Cup contender with this high-powered offense, even if they need to out-score possible problems on defense and/or in net?
- What does this game tell you about the Bruins? Did they take their foot off the pedal too much once they earned a 2-0 lead or was Pittsburgh just that good?
- Going further, does this outcome alter how you feel about which squad might be the top team in the East? Is it Pittsburgh, Boston or someone else?
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 0
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 1
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 8
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 13
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 5
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 2
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)