Mar 12, 2013, 10:12 PM EDT
Once again, the Pittsburgh Penguins proved that few leads are safe when they’re involved. The Boston Bruins managed to hold onto a 2-0 lead until the third period on Tuesday, but the Penguins finished strong and got a 3-2 win in regulation.
Let’s get to the talking points.
- Brandon Sutter scored the game-tying and game-winning goals about three minutes apart, pushing his season total to eight tallies. Is it safe to say he’s an acceptable replacement (or maybe even an upgrade) over Jordan Staal for Pittsburgh?
- Can the Penguins be a legitimate Stanley Cup contender with this high-powered offense, even if they need to out-score possible problems on defense and/or in net?
- What does this game tell you about the Bruins? Did they take their foot off the pedal too much once they earned a 2-0 lead or was Pittsburgh just that good?
- Going further, does this outcome alter how you feel about which squad might be the top team in the East? Is it Pittsburgh, Boston or someone else?
- Video: Flyers trounce slumping Penguins on Rivalry Night 12
- Video: Crosby scores goal No. 300 for his NHL career 5
- (Video) McKenzie: ‘Best guess is anywhere from 3-5 games’ for Byfuglien suspension 13
- Byfuglien to have phone hearing for Miller cross-check 44
- Patrick Kane is practicing today 30
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 35
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 66
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 36
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 11
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 18
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller (66)
- Minnesota leapfrogs Chicago in the Central Division (65)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Sabres GM Tim Murray: ‘I think too much about’ McDavid (55)
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack (49)