Mar 12, 2013, 5:48 PM EDT
Hayes, 23, currently sits tied for 10th in AHL goalscoring (22) and fourth on the IceHogs with 39 points.
The 6-foot-6, 221-pound winger made his NHL debut for the ‘Hawks last year, scoring 5G-4A-9PTS in 31 games while averaging just over 10 minutes a night.
Montador, 33, recently received medical clearance from a concussion that plagued him since last season, and was subsequently placed on waivers Monday.
Today he cleared, allowing Chicago to send him to the American League for conditioning.
Montador signed a four-year, $11 million deal with Chicago prior to last season and got off to a solid start, racking up 14 points in his first 52 games.
He hasn’t played a competitive game since last March, so the hope is for him to get back into game shape while playing for Rockford.
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ 25
- Holland doesn’t see Babcock deal by start of season 7
- Risk Factors: Pittsburgh Penguins edition 4
- PHT Morning Skate: Flyers bringing back Ice Girls 15
- Dillon’s agent: Discussions with Stars are ‘frustrating and disappointing’ 7
- NHL shoots down Tkachev’s contract with Edmonton 9
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 6
- Johansen, Blue Jackets talks haven’t just resumed, they’re ‘very polite’ 15
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 12
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 13
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ (26)
- Reinhart admits frustration; time running out to make Sabres? (25)
- Canucks waive Markstrom as Shinkaruk, Jensen continue to impress (23)
- Filip Forsberg has scored two thirds of the Preds’ preseason goals (21)