Mar 12, 2013, 5:48 PM EDT
Hayes, 23, currently sits tied for 10th in AHL goalscoring (22) and fourth on the IceHogs with 39 points.
The 6-foot-6, 221-pound winger made his NHL debut for the ‘Hawks last year, scoring 5G-4A-9PTS in 31 games while averaging just over 10 minutes a night.
Montador, 33, recently received medical clearance from a concussion that plagued him since last season, and was subsequently placed on waivers Monday.
Today he cleared, allowing Chicago to send him to the American League for conditioning.
Montador signed a four-year, $11 million deal with Chicago prior to last season and got off to a solid start, racking up 14 points in his first 52 games.
He hasn’t played a competitive game since last March, so the hope is for him to get back into game shape while playing for Rockford.
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 23
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 16
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 44
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 55
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 21
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 31
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 45
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 6
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 16
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (56)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (46)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)
- Richards: If not for the cap, half the league would want to play for Hawks (36)