Mar 12, 2013, 5:48 PM EDT
Hayes, 23, currently sits tied for 10th in AHL goalscoring (22) and fourth on the IceHogs with 39 points.
The 6-foot-6, 221-pound winger made his NHL debut for the ‘Hawks last year, scoring 5G-4A-9PTS in 31 games while averaging just over 10 minutes a night.
Montador, 33, recently received medical clearance from a concussion that plagued him since last season, and was subsequently placed on waivers Monday.
Today he cleared, allowing Chicago to send him to the American League for conditioning.
Montador signed a four-year, $11 million deal with Chicago prior to last season and got off to a solid start, racking up 14 points in his first 52 games.
He hasn’t played a competitive game since last March, so the hope is for him to get back into game shape while playing for Rockford.
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 9
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 10
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 9
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 10
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 32
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 31
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 66
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 27
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)