Mar 12, 2013, 11:02 AM EDT
Ahead of tonight’s home game versus Carolina, the Washington Capitals have recalled defenseman Cameron Schilling from AHL Hershey as blue-liners Tom Poti and John Erskine recover from upper-body injuries.
Schilling, 24, has 14 points in 54 games with the Bears. Tonight will be his NHL debut if he plays.
Washington’s six defenseman against the Hurricanes are expected to be Karl Alzner, Tomas Kundratek, Jeff Schultz, John Carlson, Steve Oleksy, and Schilling. That’s notable, as three of them — Kundratek, Oleksy and Schilling — were in the AHL when the NHL season started.
Erskine, who was hurt Saturday against the Islanders, has reportedly been placed on injured reserve and is eligible to return Sunday versus the Sabres. Poti is day-to-day. Another defenseman, Mike Green, remains out with a groin injury.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 52
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 42
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)