Mar 12, 2013, 11:02 AM EDT
Ahead of tonight’s home game versus Carolina, the Washington Capitals have recalled defenseman Cameron Schilling from AHL Hershey as blue-liners Tom Poti and John Erskine recover from upper-body injuries.
Schilling, 24, has 14 points in 54 games with the Bears. Tonight will be his NHL debut if he plays.
Washington’s six defenseman against the Hurricanes are expected to be Karl Alzner, Tomas Kundratek, Jeff Schultz, John Carlson, Steve Oleksy, and Schilling. That’s notable, as three of them — Kundratek, Oleksy and Schilling — were in the AHL when the NHL season started.
Erskine, who was hurt Saturday against the Islanders, has reportedly been placed on injured reserve and is eligible to return Sunday versus the Sabres. Poti is day-to-day. Another defenseman, Mike Green, remains out with a groin injury.
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 4
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 6
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 7
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18