Mar 12, 2013, 11:02 AM EDT
Ahead of tonight’s home game versus Carolina, the Washington Capitals have recalled defenseman Cameron Schilling from AHL Hershey as blue-liners Tom Poti and John Erskine recover from upper-body injuries.
Schilling, 24, has 14 points in 54 games with the Bears. Tonight will be his NHL debut if he plays.
Washington’s six defenseman against the Hurricanes are expected to be Karl Alzner, Tomas Kundratek, Jeff Schultz, John Carlson, Steve Oleksy, and Schilling. That’s notable, as three of them — Kundratek, Oleksy and Schilling — were in the AHL when the NHL season started.
Erskine, who was hurt Saturday against the Islanders, has reportedly been placed on injured reserve and is eligible to return Sunday versus the Sabres. Poti is day-to-day. Another defenseman, Mike Green, remains out with a groin injury.
- Shocked Ducks: Toews forces OT with two goals in final two minutes 0
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 2
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 2
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 25
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 3
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 9
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 16
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 75
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)