Mar 12, 2013, 11:02 AM EST
Ahead of tonight’s home game versus Carolina, the Washington Capitals have recalled defenseman Cameron Schilling from AHL Hershey as blue-liners Tom Poti and John Erskine recover from upper-body injuries.
Schilling, 24, has 14 points in 54 games with the Bears. Tonight will be his NHL debut if he plays.
Washington’s six defenseman against the Hurricanes are expected to be Karl Alzner, Tomas Kundratek, Jeff Schultz, John Carlson, Steve Oleksy, and Schilling. That’s notable, as three of them — Kundratek, Oleksy and Schilling — were in the AHL when the NHL season started.
Erskine, who was hurt Saturday against the Islanders, has reportedly been placed on injured reserve and is eligible to return Sunday versus the Sabres. Poti is day-to-day. Another defenseman, Mike Green, remains out with a groin injury.
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 57
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 28
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 16
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 80
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Wild need two points from NHL-leading Preds 21
- Video: Potential No. 1 overall pick Connor McDavid goes end-to-end, top shelf 9
- Video: Penguins hold on to beat Capitals for first time this season 29
- Video: Fight erupts between Penguins and Capitals inside Pittsburgh’s bench 40
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (80)
- Chiarelli understands scrutiny on GM and coach, but says, ‘It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year’ (69)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (65)