Mar 12, 2013, 11:02 AM EST
Ahead of tonight’s home game versus Carolina, the Washington Capitals have recalled defenseman Cameron Schilling from AHL Hershey as blue-liners Tom Poti and John Erskine recover from upper-body injuries.
Schilling, 24, has 14 points in 54 games with the Bears. Tonight will be his NHL debut if he plays.
Washington’s six defenseman against the Hurricanes are expected to be Karl Alzner, Tomas Kundratek, Jeff Schultz, John Carlson, Steve Oleksy, and Schilling. That’s notable, as three of them — Kundratek, Oleksy and Schilling — were in the AHL when the NHL season started.
Erskine, who was hurt Saturday against the Islanders, has reportedly been placed on injured reserve and is eligible to return Sunday versus the Sabres. Poti is day-to-day. Another defenseman, Mike Green, remains out with a groin injury.
- Steen, Blues hold on against Ovechkin, Capitals 4
- David Backes ejected after boarding, bloodying Karl Alzner 15
- End nearing? Lightning waive Nabokov 4
- Leafs scoring slump hits historical low 24
- Video: Rangers’ Lundqvist takes puck to the neck 10
- Zamboni driver arrested for DUI, allegedly cleaned ice surface while drunk 18
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 17
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 12
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 29