Mar 12, 2013, 10:39 PM EDT
After winning five out of six games, the Washington Capitals have dropped three in a row, with each loss coming by at least three goals. Tuesday’s 4-0 loss to the Carolina Hurricanes might be a low point for some.
“Tonight was sixty minutes of just terrible effort from us,” Backstrom said. “I don’t know what it is, but we for sure need to talk about it.”
Head coach Adam Oates discussed how the team needs to earn their luck with The Washington Post’s Katie Carrera.
“We need some good things to happen but we’ve got to earn that,” Oates said. “We’ve got to do it ourselves.”
If you ask former Capitals defenseman Joe Corvo, it doesn’t sound like Washington believes that the breaks will start going their way.
“If you watched them play tonight, it seems like they’re missing maybe some confidence,” Corvo said.
Being second-to-last in the East will do that to you.
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 13
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 11
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 33
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 110
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 30
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 77
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7