Mar 12, 2013, 10:39 PM EDT
After winning five out of six games, the Washington Capitals have dropped three in a row, with each loss coming by at least three goals. Tuesday’s 4-0 loss to the Carolina Hurricanes might be a low point for some.
“Tonight was sixty minutes of just terrible effort from us,” Backstrom said. “I don’t know what it is, but we for sure need to talk about it.”
Head coach Adam Oates discussed how the team needs to earn their luck with The Washington Post’s Katie Carrera.
“We need some good things to happen but we’ve got to earn that,” Oates said. “We’ve got to do it ourselves.”
If you ask former Capitals defenseman Joe Corvo, it doesn’t sound like Washington believes that the breaks will start going their way.
“If you watched them play tonight, it seems like they’re missing maybe some confidence,” Corvo said.
Being second-to-last in the East will do that to you.
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ 32
- Holland doesn’t see Babcock deal by start of season 9
- Risk Factors: Pittsburgh Penguins edition 4
- PHT Morning Skate: Flyers bringing back Ice Girls 15
- Dillon’s agent: Discussions with Stars are ‘frustrating and disappointing’ 7
- NHL shoots down Tkachev’s contract with Edmonton 9
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 6
- Johansen, Blue Jackets talks haven’t just resumed, they’re ‘very polite’ 15
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 12
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 13
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ (33)
- Reinhart admits frustration; time running out to make Sabres? (25)
- Canucks waive Markstrom as Shinkaruk, Jensen continue to impress (23)
- Filip Forsberg has scored two thirds of the Preds’ preseason goals (21)