Mar 12, 2013, 10:39 PM EDT
After winning five out of six games, the Washington Capitals have dropped three in a row, with each loss coming by at least three goals. Tuesday’s 4-0 loss to the Carolina Hurricanes might be a low point for some.
“Tonight was sixty minutes of just terrible effort from us,” Backstrom said. “I don’t know what it is, but we for sure need to talk about it.”
Head coach Adam Oates discussed how the team needs to earn their luck with The Washington Post’s Katie Carrera.
“We need some good things to happen but we’ve got to earn that,” Oates said. “We’ve got to do it ourselves.”
If you ask former Capitals defenseman Joe Corvo, it doesn’t sound like Washington believes that the breaks will start going their way.
“If you watched them play tonight, it seems like they’re missing maybe some confidence,” Corvo said.
Being second-to-last in the East will do that to you.
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 16
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 46
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 16
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 44
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 12
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 21
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 24
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker 39