Mar 12, 2013, 1:00 PM EST
Devils goalie Martin Brodeur managed to skate by himself this morning, but he’s still got a ways to go before returning to game action from a back injury.
“There’s no timetable on that until he’s 100 percent,” said New Jersey general manager Lou Lamoriello, per NHL.com. “It’s part of his rehab to get strength. He’s been off the ice for quite a while now. It’s still going to be a little bit.”
Brodeur, 40, hasn’t played since Feb. 21. And while backup Johan Hedberg has played better in two of his last three games, it’s mostly been a struggle.
In 13 starts, Hedberg is 4-7-2 with a lowly .879 save percentage.
The Devils host the Flyers tomorrow and play in Philadelphia Friday.
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 11
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 3
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 19
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory 49
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 55
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 89
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 10
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 60
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (60)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (55)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)