Mar 12, 2013, 1:00 PM EDT
Devils goalie Martin Brodeur managed to skate by himself this morning, but he’s still got a ways to go before returning to game action from a back injury.
“There’s no timetable on that until he’s 100 percent,” said New Jersey general manager Lou Lamoriello, per NHL.com. “It’s part of his rehab to get strength. He’s been off the ice for quite a while now. It’s still going to be a little bit.”
Brodeur, 40, hasn’t played since Feb. 21. And while backup Johan Hedberg has played better in two of his last three games, it’s mostly been a struggle.
In 13 starts, Hedberg is 4-7-2 with a lowly .879 save percentage.
The Devils host the Flyers tomorrow and play in Philadelphia Friday.
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 22
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 46
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 78
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 9
- Datsyuk announces three-year, $22.5 million extension with Red Wings 11
- Bruins go ‘above and beyond’ to take 2-1 series lead 47
- Chicago’s powerless power play — it’s a problem 4
- Discuss: Bruins smother ‘Hawks, take 2-1 series lead 92
- Marian Hossa won’t play in Game 3 11
- Report: Flyers, Streit agree to four-year, $21 million deal 39
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- CSN: Patriots' Hernandez questioned in murder investigation
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- HBT: Mets' Wheeler goes six scoreless in MLB debut
- Lolo Jones' attempt at humor backfires