Mar 12, 2013, 1:00 PM EDT
Devils goalie Martin Brodeur managed to skate by himself this morning, but he’s still got a ways to go before returning to game action from a back injury.
“There’s no timetable on that until he’s 100 percent,” said New Jersey general manager Lou Lamoriello, per NHL.com. “It’s part of his rehab to get strength. He’s been off the ice for quite a while now. It’s still going to be a little bit.”
Brodeur, 40, hasn’t played since Feb. 21. And while backup Johan Hedberg has played better in two of his last three games, it’s mostly been a struggle.
In 13 starts, Hedberg is 4-7-2 with a lowly .879 save percentage.
The Devils host the Flyers tomorrow and play in Philadelphia Friday.
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 5
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 103
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 49
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 7
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 14
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 41
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 20
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 13
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 17
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 63