Mar 12, 2013, 1:00 PM EDT
Devils goalie Martin Brodeur managed to skate by himself this morning, but he’s still got a ways to go before returning to game action from a back injury.
“There’s no timetable on that until he’s 100 percent,” said New Jersey general manager Lou Lamoriello, per NHL.com. “It’s part of his rehab to get strength. He’s been off the ice for quite a while now. It’s still going to be a little bit.”
Brodeur, 40, hasn’t played since Feb. 21. And while backup Johan Hedberg has played better in two of his last three games, it’s mostly been a struggle.
In 13 starts, Hedberg is 4-7-2 with a lowly .879 save percentage.
The Devils host the Flyers tomorrow and play in Philadelphia Friday.
- Video: Flyers trounce slumping Penguins on Rivalry Night 29
- Video: Crosby scores goal No. 300 for his NHL career 5
- (Video) McKenzie: ‘Best guess is anywhere from 3-5 games’ for Byfuglien suspension 15
- Byfuglien to have phone hearing for Miller cross-check 44
- Patrick Kane is practicing today 30
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 35
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 66
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 36
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 11
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 18
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller (66)
- Minnesota leapfrogs Chicago in the Central Division (65)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Sabres GM Tim Murray: ‘I think too much about’ McDavid (55)
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack (49)