Mar 12, 2013, 1:00 PM EST
Devils goalie Martin Brodeur managed to skate by himself this morning, but he’s still got a ways to go before returning to game action from a back injury.
“There’s no timetable on that until he’s 100 percent,” said New Jersey general manager Lou Lamoriello, per NHL.com. “It’s part of his rehab to get strength. He’s been off the ice for quite a while now. It’s still going to be a little bit.”
Brodeur, 40, hasn’t played since Feb. 21. And while backup Johan Hedberg has played better in two of his last three games, it’s mostly been a struggle.
In 13 starts, Hedberg is 4-7-2 with a lowly .879 save percentage.
The Devils host the Flyers tomorrow and play in Philadelphia Friday.
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 0
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 16
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 17
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 6
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 20
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 18
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)