Mar 12, 2013, 11:24 AM EST
Nyquist, 23, has only appeared in two games for Detroit this season but has been a dynamic scorer at the American League level, registering 23G-37A-60PTS in 57 games for the Rapids.
He’s three points clear of Syracuse’s Tyler Johnson for the AHL scoring lead despite appearing in two fewer games.
Tatar, 22, has appeared in 18 games for the Wings this season, registering 4G-3A-7PTS while averaging 11:22 per night.
He scored the lone goal in Detroit’s 2-1 shootout loss to Chicago on Mar. 3 but has been pointless since, going minus-1 in the last two games against Columbus while receiving just 20 total minutes.
The move to Nyquist makes sense from an offensive standpoint. Detroit has only scored 10 goals in its past seven games and has slipped to 20th in the NHL in goals per game, averaging 2.54 per contest.
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 39
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 7
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 41
- Mike Richards clears waivers 32
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 56
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 123
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 24
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (125)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang (57)