Mar 12, 2013, 11:24 AM EDT
Nyquist, 23, has only appeared in two games for Detroit this season but has been a dynamic scorer at the American League level, registering 23G-37A-60PTS in 57 games for the Rapids.
He’s three points clear of Syracuse’s Tyler Johnson for the AHL scoring lead despite appearing in two fewer games.
Tatar, 22, has appeared in 18 games for the Wings this season, registering 4G-3A-7PTS while averaging 11:22 per night.
He scored the lone goal in Detroit’s 2-1 shootout loss to Chicago on Mar. 3 but has been pointless since, going minus-1 in the last two games against Columbus while receiving just 20 total minutes.
The move to Nyquist makes sense from an offensive standpoint. Detroit has only scored 10 goals in its past seven games and has slipped to 20th in the NHL in goals per game, averaging 2.54 per contest.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 8
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 8
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 20
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 71
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)