Mar 12, 2013, 11:24 AM EST
Nyquist, 23, has only appeared in two games for Detroit this season but has been a dynamic scorer at the American League level, registering 23G-37A-60PTS in 57 games for the Rapids.
He’s three points clear of Syracuse’s Tyler Johnson for the AHL scoring lead despite appearing in two fewer games.
Tatar, 22, has appeared in 18 games for the Wings this season, registering 4G-3A-7PTS while averaging 11:22 per night.
He scored the lone goal in Detroit’s 2-1 shootout loss to Chicago on Mar. 3 but has been pointless since, going minus-1 in the last two games against Columbus while receiving just 20 total minutes.
The move to Nyquist makes sense from an offensive standpoint. Detroit has only scored 10 goals in its past seven games and has slipped to 20th in the NHL in goals per game, averaging 2.54 per contest.
- NHL grants Kings cap relief for Voynov, who’s still suspended indefinitely 15
- Trade: Stars get Demers from Sharks, send Dillon to San Jose 16
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now 65
- Dallas signs Jason Spezza to four-year, $30 million extension 17
- Video: Ovechkin with an unreal dangle, scores game-winner 16
- Video: Avs’ Tanguay takes Ovechkin shot to the face (Updated) 4
- Video: Lindros and LeClair inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 12
- BREAKING: Voynov charged with felony for domestic violence 34
- NHL responds to concussion lawsuit, says players should have ‘put two and two together’ 40
- (Video) PHT Extra: Carlyle’s on the hot seat, Hartley’s riding high 0
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (65)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)
- Video: Malkin runs over Girardi (Updated) (41)