Mar 12, 2013, 1:49 PM EDT
One of the best power plays in the NHL the past few seasons has been coming up empty like a bullet-riddled bucket.
In their last eight games, the Vancouver Canucks are 0-for-20 with the man advantage — a stretch that not so coincidentally has seen them win just twice.
There’s been no shortage of analysis on what’s wrong with a power play that’s fallen to 24th (15.0%) out of 30 teams. Ryan Kesler‘s absence with a broken foot hasn’t helped. Nor has the lack of a booming right-hand shot from the point after Sami Salo signed with Tampa Bay in the summer. Alex Edler‘s struggles have been well-documented. Daniel Sedin isn’t taking enough shots and/or getting enough chances to take shots. And Vigneault has been hesitant to deploy new addition Jason Garrison, who scored nine power-play goals last season in Florida.
Meanwhile, the streaking Blue Jackets have surrendered just one power-play goal in their last 10 games.
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 18
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 6
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 30
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 18
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 14
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Dubnyk leads Wild past Isles in SO, earns 10th straight road win (44)