Mar 11, 2013, 8:21 PM EST
Less than a minute into his first game since Jan. 30, Guillaume Latendresse scored his first goal as an Ottawa Senators forward on Monday.
As you can see, it was quite the beauty against Boston Bruins goalie Tuukka Rask:
Latendresse, 25, has had serious injury problems the last few seasons.
He’s been limited to just six games in 2013 with “whiplash” symptoms and only played in 16 games in 2011-12 and 11 in 2010-11 for the Minnesota Wild.
When healthy, he’s showed flashes of brilliance, so Ottawa hopes he – and the team as a whole – will experience better luck in that area going forward.
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 41
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 87
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 9
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 59
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 3
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 28
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 42
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (87)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (59)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (43)