Mar 11, 2013, 8:21 PM EDT
Less than a minute into his first game since Jan. 30, Guillaume Latendresse scored his first goal as an Ottawa Senators forward on Monday.
As you can see, it was quite the beauty against Boston Bruins goalie Tuukka Rask:
Latendresse, 25, has had serious injury problems the last few seasons.
He’s been limited to just six games in 2013 with “whiplash” symptoms and only played in 16 games in 2011-12 and 11 in 2010-11 for the Minnesota Wild.
When healthy, he’s showed flashes of brilliance, so Ottawa hopes he – and the team as a whole – will experience better luck in that area going forward.
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 12
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 36
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 27
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 14
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 31
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6