Mar 11, 2013, 8:21 PM EDT
Less than a minute into his first game since Jan. 30, Guillaume Latendresse scored his first goal as an Ottawa Senators forward on Monday.
As you can see, it was quite the beauty against Boston Bruins goalie Tuukka Rask:
Latendresse, 25, has had serious injury problems the last few seasons.
He’s been limited to just six games in 2013 with “whiplash” symptoms and only played in 16 games in 2011-12 and 11 in 2010-11 for the Minnesota Wild.
When healthy, he’s showed flashes of brilliance, so Ottawa hopes he – and the team as a whole – will experience better luck in that area going forward.
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues 75
- Blackhawks extend TVR through 2017-18 3
- Good start: McDavid scores five in Oilers scrimmage 33
- Caps ink Kuznetsov to two-year, $6 million extension 9
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 15
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 37
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 15
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Expansion process underway as NHL sends out applications (94)
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues (75)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)