Mar 11, 2013, 8:21 PM EST
Less than a minute into his first game since Jan. 30, Guillaume Latendresse scored his first goal as an Ottawa Senators forward on Monday.
As you can see, it was quite the beauty against Boston Bruins goalie Tuukka Rask:
Latendresse, 25, has had serious injury problems the last few seasons.
He’s been limited to just six games in 2013 with “whiplash” symptoms and only played in 16 games in 2011-12 and 11 in 2010-11 for the Minnesota Wild.
When healthy, he’s showed flashes of brilliance, so Ottawa hopes he – and the team as a whole – will experience better luck in that area going forward.
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 19
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Fowler after Ducks’ win vs. Sharks: ‘We never give up’ 1
- Daly: Fehr’s lockout prediction ‘naive and uneducated’ 23
- Pens send Downie, Sutter, Greiss home for mumps test (Updated) 13
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (63)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Who are the Bruins targeting in trade talks? (47)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (42)