Mar 11, 2013, 8:21 PM EDT
Less than a minute into his first game since Jan. 30, Guillaume Latendresse scored his first goal as an Ottawa Senators forward on Monday.
As you can see, it was quite the beauty against Boston Bruins goalie Tuukka Rask:
Latendresse, 25, has had serious injury problems the last few seasons.
He’s been limited to just six games in 2013 with “whiplash” symptoms and only played in 16 games in 2011-12 and 11 in 2010-11 for the Minnesota Wild.
When healthy, he’s showed flashes of brilliance, so Ottawa hopes he – and the team as a whole – will experience better luck in that area going forward.
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 3
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 11
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 17
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9