Mar 11, 2013, 8:57 AM EDT
Patrick Marleau netted an incredible nine goals in just five games to start the season. He’s cooled off dramatically since then, but still managed to score his 400th career goal on Sunday against the Colorado Avalanche.
“Great play by Clowie on the boards, a couple battles to get the puck and then he got it up to Brauner and Brauner made a good shot,” Marleau said in a CSN Bay Area report. “[Joe Pavelski] was right in front of the goalie, so he didn’t really see it and I was able to get a stick on it.”
Marleau, 33, is just the 30th player in the history of the NHL to net his first 400 goals with a single team. Overall, he’s the 88th member of the 400-goal club and is just two shy of retired stars John Ogrodnick and Paul Kariya.
Marleau’s goal helped the San Jose Sharks take Sunday’s game into overtime, but Colorado Avalanche forward Matt Duchene ended the game with less than a second remaining to propel Colorado to a 3-2 victory.
You can watch all the highlights from Marleau’s milestone goal to Duchene’s dramatic finish below:
Mar 16, 2014, 1:08 PM EDT
He wasn’t having a bad game, but his teammates were.
Mar 16, 2014, 12:20 PM EDT
Crosby and Malkin might get more playing time together as a result.
Mar 16, 2014, 11:58 AM EDT
The game starts at 12:30 p.m. ET.
Mar 16, 2014, 11:19 AM EDT
Winnipeg is six points behind Dallas with 14 games to go.
Mar 16, 2014, 10:40 AM EDT
He’s been a big part of Tampa Bay’s success this season.
Mar 16, 2014, 9:46 AM EDT
He’ll rest instead.
Mar 16, 2014, 9:00 AM EDT
The Red Wings will be in a very bad place if they lose this one.
Mar 16, 2014, 7:00 AM EDT
Philadelphia got a big win over Pittsburgh on Saturday.
Mar 16, 2014, 1:53 AM EDT
The Battle of California.
Mar 16, 2014, 1:20 AM EDT
Columbus comes away with the win.
Mar 16, 2014, 12:27 AM EDT
It’s been a while.
Mar 15, 2014, 11:55 PM EDT
Mar 15, 2014, 11:10 PM EDT
Stick on the ice.
Mar 15, 2014, 10:38 PM EDT
Tied it up with less than a second left.
Mar 15, 2014, 10:00 PM EDT
Penguins GM, Ray Shero, was on hand as Philadelphia honored to his father.
Mar 15, 2014, 9:35 PM EDT
He didn’t score in that photo. That’s just a good action photo.
Mar 15, 2014, 9:24 PM EDT
Pittsburgh lost to Philadelphia on Saturday.
Mar 15, 2014, 9:00 PM EDT
Two teams at or near the bottom of the Eastern Conference standings.
Mar 15, 2014, 8:12 PM EDT
Having a tough season.
Mar 15, 2014, 7:43 PM EDT
Lots happening to start this game.
- NHL on NBCSN: Detroit pumped to face Chicago 2
- NHL on NBC: Penguins and Flyers resume rivalry as playoff race continues 7
- Discuss: Habs overcome three-goal deficit, beat Senators in overtime 15
- Canucks ready to face Luongo on Sunday 2
- West update: Stars blow lead yet still improve hold on wild card spot 4
- East update: Red Wings eke out shootout win for key points 0
- Luongo continues to foil Schneider as Panthers damage Devils’ playoff hopes 3
- TGIF: In which we salivate over potential playoff matchups 10
- Backstrom to receive silver medal, IOC says Sweden doctor ‘made a serious error’ 29
- Pens lose Neal to concussion 62
- Here are three ‘major changes’ the NHL should consider (98)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (74)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (62)
- Pens lose Neal to concussion (62)
- Video: Dryden on why hockey should ‘give up the fighting, but keep the fight’ (57)