Mar 11, 2013, 8:57 AM EDT
Patrick Marleau netted an incredible nine goals in just five games to start the season. He’s cooled off dramatically since then, but still managed to score his 400th career goal on Sunday against the Colorado Avalanche.
“Great play by Clowie on the boards, a couple battles to get the puck and then he got it up to Brauner and Brauner made a good shot,” Marleau said in a CSN Bay Area report. “[Joe Pavelski] was right in front of the goalie, so he didn’t really see it and I was able to get a stick on it.”
Marleau, 33, is just the 30th player in the history of the NHL to net his first 400 goals with a single team. Overall, he’s the 88th member of the 400-goal club and is just two shy of retired stars John Ogrodnick and Paul Kariya.
Marleau’s goal helped the San Jose Sharks take Sunday’s game into overtime, but Colorado Avalanche forward Matt Duchene ended the game with less than a second remaining to propel Colorado to a 3-2 victory.
You can watch all the highlights from Marleau’s milestone goal to Duchene’s dramatic finish below:
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 11
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 10
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 16
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ 39
- Report: Sharks to name DeBoer head coach 17
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 6
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 11
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 11
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ (49)