Mar 11, 2013, 10:57 PM EDT
In a game brimming with controversial checks, the most memorable video clip from the Boston Bruins’ 3-2 shootout win against the Ottawa Senators on Monday might be a failed shootout attempt.
The hockey world was buzzing after seeing Kaspars Daugavins try this move:
Before you bury the 24-year-old forward too much for that inventive effort, Next Sport Star’s Josh Rimer points out that it worked for Daugavins in the AHL:
“I wouldn’t like it if someone on my team tried that move,” Krejci said.
Maybe Daugavins embellished it too much?
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 33
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 6
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 30
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 46
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 21
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 31
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (46)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)
- Richards: If not for the cap, half the league would want to play for Hawks (36)