Mar 11, 2013, 10:57 PM EDT
In a game brimming with controversial checks, the most memorable video clip from the Boston Bruins’ 3-2 shootout win against the Ottawa Senators on Monday might be a failed shootout attempt.
The hockey world was buzzing after seeing Kaspars Daugavins try this move:
Before you bury the 24-year-old forward too much for that inventive effort, Next Sport Star’s Josh Rimer points out that it worked for Daugavins in the AHL:
“I wouldn’t like it if someone on my team tried that move,” Krejci said.
Maybe Daugavins embellished it too much?
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 8
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 9
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 20
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 72
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)