Mar 11, 2013, 10:57 PM EST
In a game brimming with controversial checks, the most memorable video clip from the Boston Bruins’ 3-2 shootout win against the Ottawa Senators on Monday might be a failed shootout attempt.
The hockey world was buzzing after seeing Kaspars Daugavins try this move:
Before you bury the 24-year-old forward too much for that inventive effort, Next Sport Star’s Josh Rimer points out that it worked for Daugavins in the AHL:
“I wouldn’t like it if someone on my team tried that move,” Krejci said.
Maybe Daugavins embellished it too much?
- Leafs scoring slump hits historical low 11
- Video: Rangers’ Lundqvist takes puck to the neck 3
- Zamboni driver arrested for DUI, allegedly cleaned ice surface while drunk 13
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 9
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 8
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 27
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 61
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4