Mar 11, 2013, 9:34 PM EDT
Earlier on Monday, Boston Bruins defenseman Adam McQuaid delivered a questionable hit on Ottawa Senators tough guy Chris Neil. One period later, Neil’s knee-to-knee on Chris Kelly also left hockey fans debating its legality on Twitter:
(Video via SBNation, as you can probably see.)
It’s unclear how serious Kelly’s knee issue might be, but he needed help off the ice, according to CSNNE.com’s Joe Haggerty. All Bruins head coach Claude Julien could say is that Kelly will travel with the team for their next game against the Penguins, although his participation is far from guaranteed.
Neil didn’t receive a penalty for the hit.
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 5
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 9
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 17
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2