Mar 11, 2013, 9:34 PM EDT
Earlier on Monday, Boston Bruins defenseman Adam McQuaid delivered a questionable hit on Ottawa Senators tough guy Chris Neil. One period later, Neil’s knee-to-knee on Chris Kelly also left hockey fans debating its legality on Twitter:
(Video via SBNation, as you can probably see.)
It’s unclear how serious Kelly’s knee issue might be, but he needed help off the ice, according to CSNNE.com’s Joe Haggerty. All Bruins head coach Claude Julien could say is that Kelly will travel with the team for their next game against the Penguins, although his participation is far from guaranteed.
Neil didn’t receive a penalty for the hit.
- Report: No suspension for Lucic spear of DeKeyser 6
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 5
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 111
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 54
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 7
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 14
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 41
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 20
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 13
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 17