Mar 11, 2013, 9:34 PM EDT
Earlier on Monday, Boston Bruins defenseman Adam McQuaid delivered a questionable hit on Ottawa Senators tough guy Chris Neil. One period later, Neil’s knee-to-knee on Chris Kelly also left hockey fans debating its legality on Twitter:
(Video via SBNation, as you can probably see.)
It’s unclear how serious Kelly’s knee issue might be, but he needed help off the ice, according to CSNNE.com’s Joe Haggerty. All Bruins head coach Claude Julien could say is that Kelly will travel with the team for their next game against the Penguins, although his participation is far from guaranteed.
Neil didn’t receive a penalty for the hit.
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 34
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 45
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 31
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 26
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 25
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 49
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 35