Mar 11, 2013, 8:45 PM EDT
As you can see, McQuaid had to drop the gloves following that hit, as Patrick Wiercioch engaged him.
Even though McQuaid received a minor penalty for boarding, the Bruins ended up getting a two-minute power play because Wiercioch received two minor penalties (one for instigating, one specifically for instigating with a face shield) on top of the concurrent fighting majors.
On the bright side for the Sens, Neil did come out for one shift in the first period following that hit. We’ll keep an eye out for updates if he ends up feeling ill effects later on.
(Note: it appears that Neil landed a questionable hit on Chris Kelly just moments ago in the second period, so the Bruins might not be so happy that he returned.)
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 13
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 22
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 13
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 13
- Sens tell fans to stop throwing hamburgers 35
- NHL confirms working with Isles, Leddy regarding Twitter threats (Updated) 16
- Snider: Patience is ‘great with the kids,’ but not with ‘the team we have on the ice’ 11
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Asst. GM Guerin admits Penguins need to lay off the refs (52)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)