Mar 11, 2013, 8:45 PM EDT
As you can see, McQuaid had to drop the gloves following that hit, as Patrick Wiercioch engaged him.
Even though McQuaid received a minor penalty for boarding, the Bruins ended up getting a two-minute power play because Wiercioch received two minor penalties (one for instigating, one specifically for instigating with a face shield) on top of the concurrent fighting majors.
On the bright side for the Sens, Neil did come out for one shift in the first period following that hit. We’ll keep an eye out for updates if he ends up feeling ill effects later on.
(Note: it appears that Neil landed a questionable hit on Chris Kelly just moments ago in the second period, so the Bruins might not be so happy that he returned.)
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 4
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 16
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 20
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 33
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 31
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 66
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)