Mar 11, 2013, 8:45 PM EDT
As you can see, McQuaid had to drop the gloves following that hit, as Patrick Wiercioch engaged him.
Even though McQuaid received a minor penalty for boarding, the Bruins ended up getting a two-minute power play because Wiercioch received two minor penalties (one for instigating, one specifically for instigating with a face shield) on top of the concurrent fighting majors.
On the bright side for the Sens, Neil did come out for one shift in the first period following that hit. We’ll keep an eye out for updates if he ends up feeling ill effects later on.
(Note: it appears that Neil landed a questionable hit on Chris Kelly just moments ago in the second period, so the Bruins might not be so happy that he returned.)
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 2
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 13
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 24
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 22
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 42
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 19
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)