Mar 11, 2013, 8:45 PM EST
As you can see, McQuaid had to drop the gloves following that hit, as Patrick Wiercioch engaged him.
Even though McQuaid received a minor penalty for boarding, the Bruins ended up getting a two-minute power play because Wiercioch received two minor penalties (one for instigating, one specifically for instigating with a face shield) on top of the concurrent fighting majors.
On the bright side for the Sens, Neil did come out for one shift in the first period following that hit. We’ll keep an eye out for updates if he ends up feeling ill effects later on.
(Note: it appears that Neil landed a questionable hit on Chris Kelly just moments ago in the second period, so the Bruins might not be so happy that he returned.)
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 11
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 13
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 12
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 1
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 11
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 46
- Isles’ Clutterbuck latest to be fined for diving 19
- No hearing scheduled for Kesler after ‘dirty play’ on Dorsett 23
- Why NHL fans — no matter where they live — should care about the plunging Canadian dollar 33