Mar 11, 2013, 8:45 PM EDT
As you can see, McQuaid had to drop the gloves following that hit, as Patrick Wiercioch engaged him.
Even though McQuaid received a minor penalty for boarding, the Bruins ended up getting a two-minute power play because Wiercioch received two minor penalties (one for instigating, one specifically for instigating with a face shield) on top of the concurrent fighting majors.
On the bright side for the Sens, Neil did come out for one shift in the first period following that hit. We’ll keep an eye out for updates if he ends up feeling ill effects later on.
(Note: it appears that Neil landed a questionable hit on Chris Kelly just moments ago in the second period, so the Bruins might not be so happy that he returned.)
- Giroux leaves ice after 15 minutes with lower-body injury 8
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 4
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 26
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 14
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 7
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 7
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 28
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 20
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 12
- Selanne rips Boudreau in book 18
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)