Mar 11, 2013, 5:13 PM EDT
The Tampa Bay Lightning have acquired minor-league forward Dan Sexton from Anaheim in exchange from Kyle Wilson.
Sexton, 25, has appeared in 88 NHL games over the course of his career.
While he hasn’t played in the NHL since 2010-11, Sexton has put up fairly solid offensive numbers (13G-19A-32PTS) during his time in the bigs.
He’s also scored well for Anaheim’s AHL affiliate in Norfolk this year, racking up five goals and 11 assists in 27 games.
Wilson, 28, has 39 NHL games to his credit with the Washington Capitals, Columbus Blue Jackets and Nashville Predators. He had five goals in 22 games for the Crunch this season.
Of the two, Sexton sounds like he has an outside shot of cracking the NHL this season.
The Lightning have been banged up at forward this season — Benoit Pouliot is currently on IR with a shoulder sprain — and the club has given a number of Syracuse forwards a shot this year, like Ondrej Palat, Richard Panik and Alex Killorn.
“He’s a dynamic offensive player who is going to add to our mix,” Tampa Bay assistant general manager Julien BriseBois told Syracuse.com. “I don’t think we were missing anything offensively. I think Dan will add to what we already know.”
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year deal 0
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 54
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 31
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off (54)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (54)