Mar 11, 2013, 5:13 PM EDT
The Tampa Bay Lightning have acquired minor-league forward Dan Sexton from Anaheim in exchange from Kyle Wilson.
Sexton, 25, has appeared in 88 NHL games over the course of his career.
While he hasn’t played in the NHL since 2010-11, Sexton has put up fairly solid offensive numbers (13G-19A-32PTS) during his time in the bigs.
He’s also scored well for Anaheim’s AHL affiliate in Norfolk this year, racking up five goals and 11 assists in 27 games.
Wilson, 28, has 39 NHL games to his credit with the Washington Capitals, Columbus Blue Jackets and Nashville Predators. He had five goals in 22 games for the Crunch this season.
Of the two, Sexton sounds like he has an outside shot of cracking the NHL this season.
The Lightning have been banged up at forward this season — Benoit Pouliot is currently on IR with a shoulder sprain — and the club has given a number of Syracuse forwards a shot this year, like Ondrej Palat, Richard Panik and Alex Killorn.
“He’s a dynamic offensive player who is going to add to our mix,” Tampa Bay assistant general manager Julien BriseBois told Syracuse.com. “I don’t think we were missing anything offensively. I think Dan will add to what we already know.”
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 9
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 10
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 9
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 10
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 32
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 31
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 66
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 27
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)