Mar 11, 2013, 5:13 PM EDT
The Tampa Bay Lightning have acquired minor-league forward Dan Sexton from Anaheim in exchange from Kyle Wilson.
Sexton, 25, has appeared in 88 NHL games over the course of his career.
While he hasn’t played in the NHL since 2010-11, Sexton has put up fairly solid offensive numbers (13G-19A-32PTS) during his time in the bigs.
He’s also scored well for Anaheim’s AHL affiliate in Norfolk this year, racking up five goals and 11 assists in 27 games.
Wilson, 28, has 39 NHL games to his credit with the Washington Capitals, Columbus Blue Jackets and Nashville Predators. He had five goals in 22 games for the Crunch this season.
Of the two, Sexton sounds like he has an outside shot of cracking the NHL this season.
The Lightning have been banged up at forward this season — Benoit Pouliot is currently on IR with a shoulder sprain — and the club has given a number of Syracuse forwards a shot this year, like Ondrej Palat, Richard Panik and Alex Killorn.
“He’s a dynamic offensive player who is going to add to our mix,” Tampa Bay assistant general manager Julien BriseBois told Syracuse.com. “I don’t think we were missing anything offensively. I think Dan will add to what we already know.”
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 13
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 22
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 13
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 13
- Sens tell fans to stop throwing hamburgers 35
- NHL confirms working with Isles, Leddy regarding Twitter threats (Updated) 16
- Snider: Patience is ‘great with the kids,’ but not with ‘the team we have on the ice’ 11
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Asst. GM Guerin admits Penguins need to lay off the refs (52)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)