Mar 11, 2013, 5:13 PM EDT
The Tampa Bay Lightning have acquired minor-league forward Dan Sexton from Anaheim in exchange from Kyle Wilson.
Sexton, 25, has appeared in 88 NHL games over the course of his career.
While he hasn’t played in the NHL since 2010-11, Sexton has put up fairly solid offensive numbers (13G-19A-32PTS) during his time in the bigs.
He’s also scored well for Anaheim’s AHL affiliate in Norfolk this year, racking up five goals and 11 assists in 27 games.
Wilson, 28, has 39 NHL games to his credit with the Washington Capitals, Columbus Blue Jackets and Nashville Predators. He had five goals in 22 games for the Crunch this season.
Of the two, Sexton sounds like he has an outside shot of cracking the NHL this season.
The Lightning have been banged up at forward this season — Benoit Pouliot is currently on IR with a shoulder sprain — and the club has given a number of Syracuse forwards a shot this year, like Ondrej Palat, Richard Panik and Alex Killorn.
“He’s a dynamic offensive player who is going to add to our mix,” Tampa Bay assistant general manager Julien BriseBois told Syracuse.com. “I don’t think we were missing anything offensively. I think Dan will add to what we already know.”
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead 11
- Video: Callahan gets away with high-sticking Chara 13
- Playoffs Tonight: Kings look for ‘killer instinct’ against Sharks 10
- Brother says Patrick Roy will be Avs’ head coach 21
- Video: Controversy colors Blackhawks goal, disallowed score 56
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago 88
- Video: Viktor Stalberg returns after head-first sprawl into boards 2
- Brown, Toews, Alfredsson up for Messier Leadership Award 9
- Playoffs Tonight: Blackhawks look to ‘ramp up our intensity’ vs Red Wings 13
- Report: Patrick Roy a candidate for Avalanche head coaching job 9
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (88)
- Bryzgalov thinks Stalin did a good job, wishes Philadelphia wasn’t so old, and believes poor people don’t want to work (80)
- McPhee says lack of power plays ‘didn’t feel right’; Torts says Washington is ‘whining’ (70)
- Penner blasts refs for having ‘gall to guess’ on goalie interference call (64)
- Live Extra: Watch Sharks-Kings, Game 4
- PBT: Cavs win NBA draft lottery, will pick No. 1
- PHT: Bruins rally in third, put Rangers in 3-0 hole
- Durant pledges $1 million for tornado victims
- GTC: Garcia offers Tiger 'fried chicken' for dinner
- Andy Murray out of French Open due to back injury
- PFT: Woodson returns to Raiders for up to $4.3M
- Play Video: Are the Red Wings a true contender?
- Play Video: Chara bleeds after being struck by high-stick
- Play Video: Time to play Pucktionary
- Play Video: Roenick not happy with call against Blackhawks in Game 3
- Play Video: Must-win Game 3 at MSG
- Play Video: Highlights: Red Wings top Blackhawks in Game 3