Mar 11, 2013, 5:13 PM EST
The Tampa Bay Lightning have acquired minor-league forward Dan Sexton from Anaheim in exchange from Kyle Wilson.
Sexton, 25, has appeared in 88 NHL games over the course of his career.
While he hasn’t played in the NHL since 2010-11, Sexton has put up fairly solid offensive numbers (13G-19A-32PTS) during his time in the bigs.
He’s also scored well for Anaheim’s AHL affiliate in Norfolk this year, racking up five goals and 11 assists in 27 games.
Wilson, 28, has 39 NHL games to his credit with the Washington Capitals, Columbus Blue Jackets and Nashville Predators. He had five goals in 22 games for the Crunch this season.
Of the two, Sexton sounds like he has an outside shot of cracking the NHL this season.
The Lightning have been banged up at forward this season — Benoit Pouliot is currently on IR with a shoulder sprain — and the club has given a number of Syracuse forwards a shot this year, like Ondrej Palat, Richard Panik and Alex Killorn.
“He’s a dynamic offensive player who is going to add to our mix,” Tampa Bay assistant general manager Julien BriseBois told Syracuse.com. “I don’t think we were missing anything offensively. I think Dan will add to what we already know.”
- Video: Dustin Brown ejected for kneeing, Tomas Hertl won’t return (update) 45
- No supplemental discipline for Caps’ Wilson 29
- Habs healthy scratch Briere for first time this season 6
- Chiarelli says he’s not trading Marchand 21
- Schenn to play tonight; Oates maintains Wilson hit was ‘totally clean’ 54
- Video: ‘The message is not being heard’ when it comes to illegal hits, suspensions 53
- Video: Kunitz collides with Rangers’ goalie Lundqvist in overtime (Updated) 60
- Discuss: Penguins outlast Rangers in the shootout on NBCSN Rivalry Night 43
- Video: Jagr passes Yzerman for eighth on NHL goals list 12
- Wild put Harding on IR to undergo change in MS treatment 17
- Updated: NHL suspends Thornton 15 games for Orpik attack (155)
- Janssen: Orpik should’ve fought Thornton, then ‘everything would have quieted down’ (123)
- Reports: Thornton will appeal 15-game suspension (107)
- Lucic addresses fight video, says he’s ‘disgusted and outraged’ by Vancouver (103)
- Cam Neely questions length of Thornton’s suspension (78)